Ring doorbell 2 community

Well put. Let’s add the connectivity issues associated with it as well. Throughout the day I cannot access the doorbell from iOS, windows 10 or any other platform. After a few minutes I can access it again. I have strong Wi-Fi signal.

Hi neighbors! The prior audio concern has been resolved with Android App update 3.17 and beyond. If you have the most recent Android App and are still experiencing audio quality concerns, it would be best resolved through opening a ticket with our 24/7 support team. We recommend also checking your network connection as low signal strength is the most common culprit of low audio/ video quality. Thank you.

That’s great except where’s IOS update? The work-a-around is still swipe right then left in live view and sound works

Same problem no one can here me everything else ok

thing

I just purchased a Ring 2 and installed it yesterday and immediately noticed the same issue. No one can hear me when I speak through my iPhone. I hear them fine but I come out very low and some what staticky from the ring doorbell. I hope this gets resolved soon because I really need the option to speak to people from my phone.

Same problem here seemed to happen when I got my Galaxy s9. Doorbell volume worked with galaxy s7?

This is the fix
Mine is a ring doorbell 1 with same issue. If you have a Samsung Galaxy and having low or no volume on doorbell. Go into ring apk menu, new feature, turn off event history then hit save. Volume should return.

I’ve already done this. It seems to be working. Oddly enough, I didn’t turn it off on my wife’s phone and hers is working ok now.

My Ring 2 has very low output on the doorbell speaker. I have tried several Android devices and tried using Amazon Alexa. The person speaking cannot be heard unless you are about 1.5-2FT away. Very disappointed by the peformance.

1 Like

Yes I agree… terrible. What’s the fix?

The first step is Ring recognizing that there is a problem. They can likely adjust the gain in new firmware.

Turn off event history timeline

1 Like

That setting is probably specific to the device you are using to answer the door. I tried it and it does not fix the volume issue.

I also use Alexa to answer to door. You can hear quit well from the Alexa but the person at the door cannot hear you.

I have had both Ring and Ring 2 behave exactly the same.

This is a Ring firmware issue. The bell sound is plenty loud, just not the voice output.

To start.:

1. Turn off “Event History Timeline” under “New Features”

spent a few hours on phone with support a few months ago, still same issue. Was never corrected on that call and I have just basiclly given up trying to talk to people. This is a real issue and doesnt make sense since the doorbell chime itself is nice and loud. No reason the voice shouldn’t be as well.

“No reason the voice shouldn’t be as well.”

I concur. The question that I have is Ring support participating in this forum or are we talking to ourselves, singing to the choir?

"singing to the choir? "

probably.

I’ve been dealing with this issue since May. I’ve been following this forum since. There use to be a moderator, but the read and repeat probably got old.
I suggest putting out reviews to every review forum out there . Which explains to others that the ring does NOT work properly … for talking to the person ringing the bell. This is an on going issue…same complaint, same ineffective fix, same " we are aware and working on the problem". This forum is to ring customer relations. Let’s get this information out to the public in a big way Post public negative rating reviews everywhere hopefully people will stop buying it.

I am afraid that you may be right. It might require a slew of negative reviews before this priblem will be addressed. Amazon is probably the place. I see a one star review in the near future.

1 Like

Mine just went live on Amazon :slight_smile:

I just installed the Ring Doorbell Pro and have not been able to talk to, only hear, the person at the door. There must be a switch I’m missing.