Ring doorbell 2 community

I think we should all get together and call Ch13 Getting Answers to get the answers we are looking for. Maybe if it’s picked up by the news media we might finally get this resolved. I believe it’s called False Advertising. For it not to work with 2 of the most popular phones on the market is inexcusable. It takes forever for the app to come up after motion is detected that the person is already gone by the time the app opens up.

Stop telling us you’re working on it and get this dang thing fixed.

Yea I am super annoyed by the doorbell product. One thing after another and I regularly have to uninstall/reinstall app. I should have known when they couldn’t figure out how to process a partial refund from my original purchase. I finally just sent one of the cameras back and they figured it out. Now all of these issues with the app. I’m waiting on them to release a new, fixed version(s) and not support/compensate those of us who have current products.

Hi neighbors. From the bottom of my heart I do apologize and want to thank you for your patience. All of this information has been to delivered to the team and they are investigating / working on a fix. I imagine this is not an ideal situation and if you would like to speak with me personally, feel free to send me an email at chelsea@ring.com. Thank you.

I have been on phone with tech, had me delete app, go outside re install, checked everything, along with many, I have an IPhone and when you ring the doorbell, when I talk to who is outside, the volume is so low you have to stick your ear up to doorbell to hear and it’s hard to understand what I am saying. Don’t know what kind of video you need but this is what is happening, you can’t hear outside standing on my front porch, volume is very low and garbled. It seems you all don’t have a fix, cause I keep getting the same procedure, delete app, re install, then re install ring. Nothing is fixing the low volume outside at the ring doorbell, I can hear them fine at my IPhone they can’t hear me!

1 Like

THIS is exactly my issue too!!!

Any video example showing this @Dk1nblu-52 would benefit the team.

Good evening Jennifer;

Specifically speaking this seems to be an issue across both the IOS and Samsung Android platforms. The sound worked great up until the app was upgraded to include live video feed. I have followed this thread since its inception; I have removed and re-installed the app on my Samsung, my wife has done the same on her iPhone, I have reset the ring door bell, removed it from the router and Wi-Fi, reinstalled it, and the issue persists. I can’t help but feel betrayed by Ring for not having a fix in place by now, it’s almost as if we just keep getting strung along and that the hopes are we will just go away. In my business, we are given deadlines, if we don’t or can’t meet them then we lose the business to our eagerly awaiting competitors, so my question to you is, when will we have a solution or do you suggest we switch to a Nest system? Thank you for your time.

Well put. Let’s add the connectivity issues associated with it as well. Throughout the day I cannot access the doorbell from iOS, windows 10 or any other platform. After a few minutes I can access it again. I have strong Wi-Fi signal.

Hi neighbors! The prior audio concern has been resolved with Android App update 3.17 and beyond. If you have the most recent Android App and are still experiencing audio quality concerns, it would be best resolved through opening a ticket with our 24/7 support team. We recommend also checking your network connection as low signal strength is the most common culprit of low audio/ video quality. Thank you.

That’s great except where’s IOS update? The work-a-around is still swipe right then left in live view and sound works

Same problem no one can here me everything else ok

thing

I just purchased a Ring 2 and installed it yesterday and immediately noticed the same issue. No one can hear me when I speak through my iPhone. I hear them fine but I come out very low and some what staticky from the ring doorbell. I hope this gets resolved soon because I really need the option to speak to people from my phone.

Same problem here seemed to happen when I got my Galaxy s9. Doorbell volume worked with galaxy s7?

This is the fix
Mine is a ring doorbell 1 with same issue. If you have a Samsung Galaxy and having low or no volume on doorbell. Go into ring apk menu, new feature, turn off event history then hit save. Volume should return.

I’ve already done this. It seems to be working. Oddly enough, I didn’t turn it off on my wife’s phone and hers is working ok now.

My Ring 2 has very low output on the doorbell speaker. I have tried several Android devices and tried using Amazon Alexa. The person speaking cannot be heard unless you are about 1.5-2FT away. Very disappointed by the peformance.

1 Like

Yes I agree… terrible. What’s the fix?

The first step is Ring recognizing that there is a problem. They can likely adjust the gain in new firmware.

Turn off event history timeline

1 Like

That setting is probably specific to the device you are using to answer the door. I tried it and it does not fix the volume issue.

I also use Alexa to answer to door. You can hear quit well from the Alexa but the person at the door cannot hear you.

I have had both Ring and Ring 2 behave exactly the same.

This is a Ring firmware issue. The bell sound is plenty loud, just not the voice output.

To start.:

1. Turn off “Event History Timeline” under “New Features”