cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ring doorbell 2 community

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: ring doorbell 2 community

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, no matter what I try I do not have a way to turn off the "Event History Timeline".

New Neighbor

@MikeFL wrote:

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, no matter what I try I do not have a way to turn off the "Event History Timeline".

Look back through the thread a bit @MikeFL - I included link to where you can down-rev the app via an apk to have ability to turn that off 

I sent back my Ring2 for refund - got the new Eufy Wireless - night & day superior in so many ways! And a great deal on Amazon right now. 

Sorry Ring - just being honest, only to way to overcome the unusable Ring product  (pitifully low volume at the doorbell and impossible 2-way communication with both late-model Samsung & i-phones) was to replace with competitor product that WORKED - if there had been at least some acknowledgement of these issues I might have been more inclined to wait for a 'fix' - but 'deafening' silence on that score. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My doorbell is the same way I upgraded to the best one and the volume is pitiful I received it in the mail and can barely here anyone what they are saying let alone they cant hear me
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have yet to try the fix provided by DEcosse a few posts back but I plan to in the next couple of days to see if it will help. Hang in there and maybe the community will eventually figure it out!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

If the proposed solution does not work with Alexa, Amazon's flagship prouct, it is not a solution.

Installing old Android .apk files to I turn off a time line features, with likely security implications, is not a solution.

What we need are solutions from Ring and in turn, their owner, Amazon. Amazon owns this.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

@H_Smith wrote:

Installing old Android .apk files to I turn off a time line features, with likely security implications, is not a solution.

No argument there - I was merely providing a workaround (NOT a solution)  for those who have been advised to turn off event monitoring, which option is not possible in current revision, and can't find that. 

Even if Ring restored the ability to turn this off in a current version of the app, that is STILL not a solution - just an easier 'workaround' 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It's unfortunately another instance of a large corporation gobbling up a smaller organizatio, making $$$ off of them and abandoning any reasonable support or attempt to maintain a good, solid productline...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Agreed
Highlighted
New Neighbor

UPDATE:
Facing down the barrel of a $600+ cost to migrate over to Google Nest (doorbell plus security system), I decided to give Ring support one more shot. They finally agreed to send me a new unit. Fingers crossed that this solves my issue. I’ll keep this thread updated.