Ring doorbell 2 community

@Jplancon the team has *not* been able to reproduce on an iPhone. Do you have a video example that I can share with them?

As mentioned, it appears that some neighbors who have turned Timeline off seem to have better audio. I will continue to update this thread with more information as it comes in. I appreciate your patience.

This is most assuredly happening on iPhones. I’ve tested it on 10 S max and 7 plus and on four Rings. The workaround is to exit live you and then go back into it and the audio works fine. Or swipe the timeline to the right and then left again and that also seems to fix the glitch.

Hi @Jsd we brought up your concerns regarding audio with your iOS device. However, the team was unable to reproduce any poor audio. Have you recently talked to support? We’d love to discuss this with you in more detail. Would it be possible if we could contact you at the email address registered with the Community? Thank you!

Sure. However I have talk with Support and they tied into my ring doorbell remotely. They were able to duplicate the issue as far as me hearing them. The issue happens on all my iPhones I duplicated this on all three of mine in the house and my mothers who lives far away. The workaround is just swipe to the right in live view mode and then swipe back to live. This however is not an issue with iPads.

I had the low voice volume problem. One of the suggestions on this thread worked for me - not using the timeline feature in the app. Simply disabling time line wasn’t sufficient. The app had to be reinstalled and time line left disabled. I hope the app development team leaves time line disabled by default. My phone is a Samsung S8.

Same here. I bought the Ring Doorbell 2 with high expectations which it met. But the speaker volume is truly laughable. I now use the Ring Pro Doorbell instead of the Ring 2 and it seems to be a little better but I’d love to switch back to the wireless option.

I am having same volume issues at outside doorbell volume too low and I have an IPhone. Is there a fix for IPhones?

I installed my new Ring Doorbell 2 today, and noticed that the volume on the sound it makes when the button is pressed is loud, but once you try to talk to the person at the door, the sound is very low. I also have a S8.

Has this been resolved? What’s the fix? Thank you in advance.

Hi

If you have a Samsung, this may help. Disable the Event History Time Line in New Features menu, then uninstall the app, then reinstall the app. This may help, it certainly does with S9 and S10 phones.

(They have known about this for 4 months and still done nothing about it!)

Just bought a Ring Doorbell 2 this weekend and installed it a few hours ago. I do like the product and video, but like others, I feel the speaker quality is very disappointing. When testing with my wife, I can hear her pretty good on the phone end, but for her (the person outside at the doorbell) it wasn’t great. Audio seemed to cut out a bit (I have strong wi-fi at the doorbell) and even when audio transmission was smooth it was still very quiet. I do love the camera so far and would just love to see an audio fix. Thanks!

Phones tested were Samsang Galaxy S8 and S9+.

I have the SAME issue. This is so frustrating , i can hear the person ringing the doorbell fine but they cannot hear me. RING please fix this!!!

I have an iPhone and noticed the same volume issue when I turned on the new timeline feature. When I turned that back off, the volume improved both ways

Actually you guys do not have to turn off Live View feature. The workaround is this: within live view swipe the timeline to the right to the previous video clip and then IMMEDIATELY swipe to the left to go back to live view and that will temporarily fix the glitch in the software.

Hey @Dk1nblu-52 ! When you get a chance, could you respond with a video example of this concern on your IPhone? We are wanting to get as much information as possible over to the team while we investigate this further.

You keeping asking for videos. How many videos of this problem does ring need??? Just fix it! Mine has been on going since May. I Keep waiting for the fix and the same results as the commercial advertises. I want my ring speaker to be as loud as you advertise.

1 Like

That’s exactly correct. Not to mention the 80% rate of motion detection and connection issues even with strong WIFI signals

1 Like

Yes my ring has full wifi strength yet doesnt send an alert of motion until motion has already been completed

When i first got the product it would warn me right when the motion happened

1 Like

I fully appreciate your developers are either huddled together in a dark room somewhere (as our developers are), or just as likely dispersed in all parts of India, and they dont have access to a doorbell as such. Someone in management needs to at least setup a customer service / uat testing laboratory when you can actually test your products against well known mobiles, tablets, wifi systems etc. etc. With a TV in the room playing your actual TV adverts and mapping the relative performance, believe me the ASA will.

Yes we know you want videos and tests, but we are all working people (we have to be to afford these products) and don’t necessarily have the time to do the leg work for you guys.

Now I have turned off all motion alerts on every device and the doorbell itself, as I cant bear the multiple alerts with no recording, and just reply on hearing the doorbell via the Chime Pro… a really expensive basic doorbell we now have.

I dont want a Nest doorbell, but looking at a chinese copy right now.

Hope you guys get these fixed soon, Samsung audio, iPhone audio, fast low latency live view, TP-Link Deco mesh wifi compatibility, TV advert performance.

I actually get right to my door before the motion is caught.

I think we should all get together and call Ch13 Getting Answers to get the answers we are looking for. Maybe if it’s picked up by the news media we might finally get this resolved. I believe it’s called False Advertising. For it not to work with 2 of the most popular phones on the market is inexcusable. It takes forever for the app to come up after motion is detected that the person is already gone by the time the app opens up.

Stop telling us you’re working on it and get this dang thing fixed.