Ring doorbell 2 community

I first needed to use the “Rapid Ring” app to be able to hear the person outside. But the person outside said I sounded garbled and couldn’t understand.

Is there a fix for the low speaker volume on the Ring 2? I just installed this as a replacement for the original Ring and I must say that it is disappointing that people can’t hear you on the speaker.

1 Like

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-fix-low-speaker-volume-issue-on-ring-doorbell-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/
This worked for me.

I have exactly this issue. The external volume for the ‘visitor’ is laughably low. A visitor would have to put their ear right next to the doorbell.

The speaker on my ring2 is extremely low how do I raise the volume

After 19 pages of complaints on this thread alone it is clear that nothing will be done.

We were all sold a $200 lemon. That is just a fact.

Ring, Amazon, they do not care, they have your money.

This is not an insult, this is just a factual statement.

@Carolkalinowski wrote:

The speaker on my ring2 is extremely low how do I raise the volume

Unfirtunately you can’t …

To start.:

Turn off “Event History Timeline” under “New Features”.

If that doesn’t work,

Uninstall Ring App
Reboot Phone
Reinstall Ring
Ensure “Event History Timeline” under “New Features” is “OFF”

@anitamorrison wrote:
To start.:

You can no longer disable “Event History Timeline” in recent & current releases of the App - it is now not a ‘new feature’ but a permanent feature that can’t be turned off.

In order to achieve above you need to install an older version of the app via an apk (I have explained how to do this earlier in the thread)

Even then, that (somewhat) helps the 2-way communication using some Android phones, however still does nothing for the external speaker volume at the bell, which is pitifully woeful.

Has anyone tried talking in the other mic? My doorbell is down at the moment so I can’t check but it seems to have worked on my other cameras.

Same problem. Useless to talk to anyone via phone to doorbell.

Same problem with ifone 10. Turned Timeline off and much improved. Nothing like the commercials, though. Still difficult to have a 2 way conversation. with bell ringer person.

I am having the same issue, people cant hear me when talking in live view. I have a samsung s10+. There are many users having this issue, will ring please give us an update on what’s being done to fix this issue!!

I thought I would join this thread with a slightly different problem. I have a Ring Doorbell Pro and iPhone 6s Plus. The person at the door can hear me without any problem but I can’t hear them. I am not able to turn off the timeline view to see if that would help. Is there any place else to get help other than a thread that has died long ago or a very lengthy phone call?

Good luck getting any answers from ring that will actually help

To start.:

If that doesn’t work,

Uninstall Ring App
Reboot Phone
Reinstall Ring
Ensure “Event History Timeline” under “New Features” is “OFF”

1 Like

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, no matter what I try I do not have a way to turn off the “Event History Timeline”.

@MikeFL wrote:

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, no matter what I try I do not have a way to turn off the “Event History Timeline”.

Look back through the thread a bit @MikeFL - I included link to where you can down-rev the app via an apk to have ability to turn that off

I sent back my Ring2 for refund - got the new Eufy Wireless - night & day superior in so many ways! And a great deal on Amazon right now.

Sorry Ring - just being honest, only to way to overcome the unusable Ring product (pitifully low volume at the doorbell and impossible 2-way communication with both late-model Samsung & i-phones) was to replace with competitor product that WORKED - if there had been at least some acknowledgement of these issues I might have been more inclined to wait for a ‘fix’ - but ‘deafening’ silence on that score.

My doorbell is the same way I upgraded to the best one and the volume is pitiful I received it in the mail and can barely here anyone what they are saying let alone they cant hear me

I have yet to try the fix provided by DEcosse a few posts back but I plan to in the next couple of days to see if it will help. Hang in there and maybe the community will eventually figure it out!