Ring doorbell 2 community

I also have the same problem, I have an Iphone XR and I can hear on my end fine, but the person standing outside at the doorbell can barely hear me speaking. It has been this way since setup and I do not see any feature where I can adjust this volume. This is not even helpful if the person can not hear someone talking to them.

1 Like

I am thinking of doing the samething, but mine actually came from RING

Hi Jennifer, how close are we coming to fixing this problem??? It appears that this LACK of quality sound coming out of your ring device has been going on since at least March. I’m suggesting it get fixed NOW or say it is not compatible with Samsung phones. At least stop the advertising about how a boom sound/voice can scare away a burglar. We cant be barely heard. Live view or not.
I am waiting patiently, but at this point either you guys fix it, replace it or want to get a different manufacture and get my money returned.

Again this is not just a Samsung issue. This is an iPhone issue as well which leads me to believe that this is a software issue inherent in the ring app. I assume it’s with the app itself not the firmware in the device. I have tested this on multiple iPhones with the same issue. Exiting live view and then going back into it, fixes the problem temporarily.

Hi neighbors! Again, we appreciate your patience. The team is working diligently to fix the audio concern most of you are experiencing. If you’re experiencing it on iOS or have further questions/concerns, we suggest you give our support team a call as this thread is specific to Samsung. They will be able to further investigate to see if it is related. Thank you!

I have an S9.

This low volume problem when trying to use 2-way talk is frustrating and unacceptable. The whole point of the RING doorbells is to be able to see/hear AND talk to people at doors WITHOUT having to open the door.

Today, we had some stranger ring our doorbell and kept doing so, as well as knocking loudly because he could not hear me asking numerous times what he wanted. I saw him react and casually glance at our RING Pro, just once when I finally started literally YELLING through my Samsung S9 Plus. He probably barely heard me because I’ve tested the sound output with my girlfriend, and she couldn’t even hear me when yelling.

RING needs to fix this problem ASAP It is a huge security issue to not have both audio and video functions working properly. We have spent THOUSANDS on RING cams, Pro doorbell, and the alarm. Over half of cameras, alarm sensors & accessories have yet to be installed, but I’m strongly considering returning the rest of the products and, possibly, uninstalling the existing ones. We need RELIABLE monitioring & security devices!

2 Likes

CNET didnt put it in their review because like ALL reviews they are faked. They cant be bothered to actually test something, just read the blurb and give it a score depending on what freebies they were given.

This is the case with both Samsung Note 9 phones that my wife and I have.

It’s really frustrating when someone comes up to my door when I’m not home and there is nothing I can do except watch.

I saw above that this is also happening with the new Iphones, so this is obviously a ring problem and it’s interface with the newer phones. I saw the moderator tell them to go to a different thread because this was a “Samsung” thread? Where is this listed as a Samsung only thread? This is ridiculous and all posts should be accepted because it shows that this is a ring problem, and not any individual user or phone at fault.

Everyone on here needs to also go post a review about this Amazon. Maybe if their sales start to slump they will put a little more effort into fixing this.

1 Like

There are a few threads on this forum regarding issues with Samsung phones and mesh WiFi systems, but as far as Samsungs go, disable the event history in the Ring App, uninstall and reinstall it. and you can then talk to the visitor

It doesnt fix the lag between motion detection and notification but its better than it was.

1 Like

OMG! Thank you. I deleted my history, uninstalled and reinstalled Ring app and I can actually hear the person at the door. I too wish it didn’t take so long in the app opening before you can see and talk.

OMG! Thank you. I deleted my history, uninstalled and reinstalled Ring app and I can actually hear the person at the door. I too wish it didn’t take so long in the app opening before you can see and talk.

2 Likes

Someone posted this. I tried it and it worked. Thank you to the author of this:
There are a few threads on this forum regarding issues with Samsung phones and mesh WiFi systems, but as far as Samsungs go, disable the event history in the Ring App, uninstall and reinstall it. and you can then talk to the visitor

It doesnt fix the lag between motion detection and notification but its better than it was.

1 Like

I have the same issue low speaker volume and using a Samsung Galaxy S10+

1 Like

Same issue here (Galaxy S10+). Tried the fixes and they help, but still kind of dissapointed in the doorbells speaker volume.

I have an old HTC phone and installed the app on it. Volume was a little better, but not much.

Hope Ring/Samsung get these issues fixed.

1 Like

So do we have to permanently disable the Event History (EH) feature? Can we enable it, and then just disable EH whenever we want to use 2 way talk, if someone’s at the door?

I think I know the answer because it sounds like uninstalling/reinstalling the RING app is also a key part of the low audio “fix.”

These problems are super frustrating and disturbing. What’s the point of having RING’s doorbells, if they don’t do what they’re supposed to do, allow us to see, hear, AND talk to people, WITHOUT opening the door or being home??

I’m really starting to hate these products. Too many quirks and I’m tired of having to uninstall/reinstall the app. It’ll do for now, but I’m searching for something else ASAP.

Hi neighbors. I truly appreciate your patience. I’m checking in with the devs daily and pushing for the fix. I am eager to get this to you all and will certainly keep you updated as information becomes available. Thank you, again!

Same here! My husband and I have iPhone 6s phones and we can barely hear what is being said through the ring 2 doorbell when using the intercom. We sound fine out I’d the device to the person on our front stoop, but when they speak to us through the ring 2, it is impossible to hear them. Please help!!

@Jplancon the team has *not* been able to reproduce on an iPhone. Do you have a video example that I can share with them?

As mentioned, it appears that some neighbors who have turned Timeline off seem to have better audio. I will continue to update this thread with more information as it comes in. I appreciate your patience.