Ring doorbell 2 community

How can this be fixed? I’m thinking of returning for a refund if the speaker volume and the microphone volume can’t be turned up

2 Likes

To ajv and JCug:

Without wanting to be rude, but do you have read the whole thread? I guess not…

Otherwise you would know what causes this error and what fix is temporarily available!

The problem occurs almost only if you have a Samsung mobile, and more important: it occurs only (at least for me and a lot of others) when the “timeline event feature” in the Ring app is turend on!

I already made example recordings for ring engineers (see top of this page), and I hope they are working on a fix with high priority!

Until this fix is available (until today it is not), I would strongly reccommend you to turn off timeline event feature, and two way audio (to be more specific: the mic stream from the mobile to the door-unit) is much improved.

If you have any other setup (no Samsung phone, timeline feature turned off) and you are experiencing audio problems, please let us know what device(s) you use…

Best regards, Markus

1 Like

Mine is having same issue… where it worked totally normal prior. Not sure when this started. Please fix.

1 Like

Hi DH82,

What exact issue do you experience?

Same as I (mic audio from phone to ring device very bad, but only when timeline feature turned on)?

What devices do you use? Samsung?

What do you mean with “worked normal”? Your audio was OK although Samsung mobile and timeline feature turned on?

This would be interessting…

If you want that the ring-support is able to help you, you have to provide at least the basic data of your setup and your problem…

@Ring: Are there any news regarding our problem?

Thank you and best regards, Markus

My iPhone XS MAX and my wife’s iPhone 7 Plus have same volume issue. Sitting side by side we both experience loud volume then low volume randomly.

This doesn’t affect the iPad

Hi neighbors- thank you for this information and your patience! The team has been actively looking into this and we will update you with more information once it’s available. It appears this may be limited to Samsung devices with Timeline enabled, however, the team is still investigating. Please feel free to continue to send video examples and as much information as you can so we can relay the information to our team members. Thank you!

No, no, no. This is on iPhones with Timeline enabled. I spent an hour on “chat” with Ring. They decided to send me another one which of course has same issue. I have 2 ring doorbells.

NOTE: iPad however is not effected.

Hi @Jsd - I haven’t heard of this on iOS, do you mind sharing a video example? Thanks!

I received new doorbell 2 from Ring tech support and still an issue. Most of the time it happens with Timeline enabled but even with this is off it happens. To fix, I leave live view then go back to it.

I’ve tried iPhones of others and used their network with same issue. Doorbell speaker is very low as well as iPhone sound very low.

FYI…I have 3 doorbells all with same issue. Any Ring tech with iPhones can duplicate this. DOES NOT EFFECT IPADS however. No video available.

1 Like

I just installed my Ring and I also cannot carry on a conversation with anyone at the door. WTH, such false advertising. You can’t scare off a hummingbird with the volume on this this. Maybe I should just send back to Amazon for a refund.

3 Likes

The workaround for now until they fix this software issue is to exit out of live view and then go back into it and then you were here everything. What’s frustrating is that everyone at Ring should own one of these and use it daily, and it takes us as customers to actually let them know about the software issue.

I also have the same problem that you are having too. I almost have to yell into my phone and they still can’t hear me. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. What do I need to do to fix this.

I also have the same problem, I have an Iphone XR and I can hear on my end fine, but the person standing outside at the doorbell can barely hear me speaking. It has been this way since setup and I do not see any feature where I can adjust this volume. This is not even helpful if the person can not hear someone talking to them.

1 Like

I am thinking of doing the samething, but mine actually came from RING

Hi Jennifer, how close are we coming to fixing this problem??? It appears that this LACK of quality sound coming out of your ring device has been going on since at least March. I’m suggesting it get fixed NOW or say it is not compatible with Samsung phones. At least stop the advertising about how a boom sound/voice can scare away a burglar. We cant be barely heard. Live view or not.
I am waiting patiently, but at this point either you guys fix it, replace it or want to get a different manufacture and get my money returned.

Again this is not just a Samsung issue. This is an iPhone issue as well which leads me to believe that this is a software issue inherent in the ring app. I assume it’s with the app itself not the firmware in the device. I have tested this on multiple iPhones with the same issue. Exiting live view and then going back into it, fixes the problem temporarily.

Hi neighbors! Again, we appreciate your patience. The team is working diligently to fix the audio concern most of you are experiencing. If you’re experiencing it on iOS or have further questions/concerns, we suggest you give our support team a call as this thread is specific to Samsung. They will be able to further investigate to see if it is related. Thank you!

I have an S9.

This low volume problem when trying to use 2-way talk is frustrating and unacceptable. The whole point of the RING doorbells is to be able to see/hear AND talk to people at doors WITHOUT having to open the door.

Today, we had some stranger ring our doorbell and kept doing so, as well as knocking loudly because he could not hear me asking numerous times what he wanted. I saw him react and casually glance at our RING Pro, just once when I finally started literally YELLING through my Samsung S9 Plus. He probably barely heard me because I’ve tested the sound output with my girlfriend, and she couldn’t even hear me when yelling.

RING needs to fix this problem ASAP It is a huge security issue to not have both audio and video functions working properly. We have spent THOUSANDS on RING cams, Pro doorbell, and the alarm. Over half of cameras, alarm sensors & accessories have yet to be installed, but I’m strongly considering returning the rest of the products and, possibly, uninstalling the existing ones. We need RELIABLE monitioring & security devices!

2 Likes