ring doorbell 2 community

Highlighted
Jsd
New Neighbor II

Re: ring doorbell 2 community

This doesn’t affect the iPad
Community Manager

Hi neighbors- thank you for this information and your patience! The team has been actively looking into this and we will update you with more information once it's available. It appears this may be limited  to Samsung devices with Timeline enabled,  however, the team is still investigating. Please feel free to continue to send video examples and as much information as you can so we can relay the information to our team members. Thank you! 

Jsd
New Neighbor II

No, no, no. This is on iPhones with Timeline enabled. I spent an hour on “chat” with Ring. They decided to send me another one which of course has same issue. I have 2 ring doorbells.

NOTE: iPad however is not effected.
Community Manager

Hi @Jsd - I haven't heard of this on iOS, do you mind sharing a video example? Thanks! 

Jsd
New Neighbor II

I received new doorbell 2 from Ring tech support and still an issue. Most of the time it happens with Timeline enabled but even with this is off it happens. To fix, I leave live view then go back to it.

I’ve tried iPhones of others and used their network with same issue. Doorbell speaker is very low as well as iPhone sound very low.

FYI...I have 3 doorbells all with same issue. Any Ring tech with iPhones can duplicate this. DOES NOT EFFECT IPADS however. No video available.
New Neighbor

I just installed my Ring and I also cannot carry on a conversation with anyone at the door. WTH, such false advertising. You can't scare off a hummingbird with the volume on this this. Maybe I should just send back to Amazon for a refund.
Jsd
New Neighbor II

The workaround for now until they fix this software issue is to exit out of live view and then go back into it and then you were here everything. What’s frustrating is that everyone at Ring should own one of these and use it daily, and it takes us as customers to actually let them know about the software issue.
New Neighbor

I also have the same problem that you are having too. I almost have to yell into my phone and they still can't hear me. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. What do I need to do to fix this.
New Neighbor

I also have the same problem, I have an Iphone XR and I can hear on my end fine, but the person standing outside at the doorbell can barely hear me speaking. It has been this way since setup and I do not see any feature where I can adjust this volume.  This is not even helpful if the person can not hear someone talking to them.

New Neighbor

I am thinking of doing the samething, but mine actually came from RING