Ring doorbell 2 community

I found that if you shut the speaker to hear the person outside off the volume is better. Then you have to togle back and forth.

1 Like

So from reading this forum, what I get is that the company did nothing to fix this problem. Everyone is having the same issue and so does the person I’m writing this for. For the people that submitted their videos (which I don’t see the point for the company to have, the problem is with the hardware) were your devices fixed? Can the person on the outside hear you?

For a device that is so much money it’s dissapointing garbage.

My wife has an Apple X and I have a Samsung S9. Same volume problem on both phones.

I just installed Ring for my parents. First thing I noticed is the lack of volume from the unit and no way to increase same. Very disheartening. I’ve had a Nest for over 2 years and have never had this issue. I thought Ring would be at least as useful but so far, not so much unless they fix this issue.

This worked for me and haven’t had an issue since. https://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-fix-low-speaker-volume-issue-on-ring-doorbell-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/

Guys I installed the ring doorbell today and have the same volume issues as the rest of you.

I haven’t got to the end of the thread yet, but so far it seems disabling event history is a help. Can someone please tell me how to do that? I can see no disable option on my galaxy s10. Cheers… Sly

Well I got to the end of the thread. Thanks for all the testing and updates. It’s a real shame that Ring seems to be completely indifferent to the significant problems with their product.

Anyway I rolled back the ring app to 3.16 so I could get to the new features option. I’ll test the volume later tonight.

Just did a little testing after the app roll back. Audio at the doorbell was much improved using my wife’s iPhone 7, although it probably should really be louder. Unfortunately there was no improvement using my galaxy s10.
Interestingly, I only rolled back the app on my phone. The iPhone still has the latest from the app store.

same issues with volume here on doorbell 2 and iphone and also echo show.

this issue and also having to have the ring app open all the time on the ipad to view live footage with no auto view feature has made my mind up to return and look for something better…

When you listen to the conversation in the app it sounds fine but when you are outside your can’t understand and can hardly hear.

I first needed to use the “Rapid Ring” app to be able to hear the person outside. But the person outside said I sounded garbled and couldn’t understand.

Is there a fix for the low speaker volume on the Ring 2? I just installed this as a replacement for the original Ring and I must say that it is disappointing that people can’t hear you on the speaker.

1 Like

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-fix-low-speaker-volume-issue-on-ring-doorbell-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/
This worked for me.

I have exactly this issue. The external volume for the ‘visitor’ is laughably low. A visitor would have to put their ear right next to the doorbell.

The speaker on my ring2 is extremely low how do I raise the volume

After 19 pages of complaints on this thread alone it is clear that nothing will be done.

We were all sold a $200 lemon. That is just a fact.

Ring, Amazon, they do not care, they have your money.

This is not an insult, this is just a factual statement.

@Carolkalinowski wrote:

The speaker on my ring2 is extremely low how do I raise the volume

Unfirtunately you can’t …

To start.:

Turn off “Event History Timeline” under “New Features”.

If that doesn’t work,

Uninstall Ring App
Reboot Phone
Reinstall Ring
Ensure “Event History Timeline” under “New Features” is “OFF”

@anitamorrison wrote:
To start.:

Turn off “Event History Timeline” under “New Features”.

You can no longer disable “Event History Timeline” in recent & current releases of the App - it is now not a ‘new feature’ but a permanent feature that can’t be turned off.

In order to achieve above you need to install an older version of the app via an apk (I have explained how to do this earlier in the thread)

Even then, that (somewhat) helps the 2-way communication using some Android phones, however still does nothing for the external speaker volume at the bell, which is pitifully woeful.

Has anyone tried talking in the other mic? My doorbell is down at the moment so I can’t check but it seems to have worked on my other cameras.