Ring doorbell 2 community

Additional info for Riley and others experiencing this problem:

I now installed the latest Android App update from Play-Store (V3.15.1) and the problem stays the same!

Although:

It seems to be that the audio quality with timeline feature turned OFF improved a little (it was working before, but not as loud and clear as on non-Samsung phones). It is still not on-par with the audio from other devices I know, but its definitely acceptable.

But:

With timeline feature turned ON, the audio is still unacceptable!

You can hear who is talking to you ok, but the app still does not aquire a correct microphone stream from the phone, therefore the person in front of ring wouldn’t understand the app-user!! Its WAY to quiet to be understandable. The “proof” that this is an ring-app problem is that the audio in the videos show exact the same behavior… The recordings are much less loud on the app-person side as on the ring-person side, WHEN timeline feature is turned ON. If OFF then the loudness is almost ok!

Sorry if I tell things multiple times, this is because I want to get sure you understand what our problem is, and should be not meant arrogant from my side…

Thank you for your work and efforts, please keep on helping us!!

Thank you and best regards,

Markus

3 Likes