poor video quality ring doorbell

the video quality is very poor

i am using 4G as my connection upload speed is 4 mb and download speed is 24 mb

That’s all good numbers for your connection.
Is the camera close to an adjacent wall, brick or otherwise?
If it is, tge directions explain how you can use the “base plate” that is angled to re-mount the camera to so your camera can access more light and sound.
If your camera is not against an adjacent wall, there are more video settings to adjust your camera, but the less lighting your camera is subjected to the poorer your video /camera quality will be.
As far as the wifi connection goes, you either have it or you don’t.
If you have poor wifi connection there are boosters you can purchase from RING or other venues like from your dmservice provider to boost your signal

1 Like

Those boosters run from $30.00 to $50.00 and up.
Always go to YouTube for help on instructions.

Hey @NajeebUllah! Those speeds are certainly sufficient, however, the “ping” results are a higher number which indicates that it took a little bit of time for the signal to respond.

This can certainly be a reason for poor connection quality and can usually be resolved with a Chime Pro. I recommend also checking these readings near the router to ensure the router is performing properly, as well as inquiring with your Internet Service Provider.

Check out our Community post to learn more about extending wifi with our Chime Pro! :slight_smile:

how much ping is required for better results

Good question @NajeebUllah. Ping can differ from network to network as router model, speed package, Internet Provider, router capabilities, and distance/ interference all come into play.

With that being said, Ping is measured in the time it takes for the network to send out a signal and receive a response. Generally a Ping over 100ms can indicate delayed performance in wifi due to any of the reasons above. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

My ring had been working very well with respect to video quality and more recently it went to a very odd look to it. It seems like there are only a few colors available… so it looks like a late 1980’s color display to me. My wifi is over 1MBPS up and down load where my Ring is installed… the video quality is no different if I’m right next to my router where the speed is 2x better bboth up and down. Has anyone experienced this?

I am also having poor video quality with a Ring Doorbell Pro. The device was working well until 2 days ago, when a step change occurred, with the resolution becoming poor and the color becoming reddish in hue.

Hi neighbors. You discolored video is due to the night vision of your device getting stuck in the on position. To fix this, try removing power from the device for 3 minutes, then power it back up. If that doesn’t work, press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds, then release. After 1 minute, reconnect to wifi. If none of these suggestions work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.