neighborhood notifications

Anyone know how to select the neighborhood notifications?

I have been unable to find out how to set the audio alert to anything other than the phone’s default tone.

Beverly Howard

Hey there, @bevhoward! This can certainly be changed in the Ring app. From the Ring app dashboard, open the menu and select the Neighbors option. This will bring you to the Neighbors page, in which you will see a settings cog in the top right hand corner. In your Neighbors settings there will be a “notification preferences” option. This option allow you to adjust your Neighbors notifications, including Notification Tones. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

>> I hope this helps <<

Nope …I assume you have not been there recently.

>> In your Neighbors settings there will be a “notification preferences” option. <<

Not in the android app… here’s a screenshot of the destination that you suggested which I had been to a number of times convinced that it should be here.

…and, it’s not in the “Notification Types” selection either.

Beverly Howard

Hi @bevhoward! After looking over additional Android information, it looks like Android has some unique options for alert tones due to it’s operating system features. While you may still be able to choose tones for Ring devices in the app, as you shared, the Neighbors section of your Ring app seems not to. Thank you for sharing the image example!

Rather than accessing Neighbors by Ring via the Ring app, please visit your app store and download the Neighbors by Ring application. When downloaded as a separate application, you may have additional options, whether through the Neighbors app itself or within Android settings, as this method would separate the Neighbors app from the Ring app.

If this still does not present options to differentiate tones, whether in the app or on your mobile device, feel free to add a request in our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

>> Feature Request board <<

Thanks, however, extensive experience has shown that ring does not respond to users input nor requests… they are content to let customers struggle with their terrible user interface design.

Tip for others who need to be quietly alerted to neighborhood alerts with the same frustrations, go to;

android/settings/sound/advanced/default…

…and set that tone to something detectable but not intrusive.

Beverly Howard