cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay time from door bell to the chime and the app

Highlighted
New Neighbor

delay time from door bell to the chime and the app

theres been problem after problem with the ring 2 door bell, its taking 10 seconds for the chimer and app to ring,by the time i get the notification the person has gone, ive got a fast bb conection so theres no rerason for it to play up like this. its a probuct i wish i hadnt purchased .  

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: delay time from door bell to the chime and the app

Hi @martin2019 ! Thanks for checking out and using the Ring Community. We're going to move this post to the Doorbell board for a better fit. Have you tried contacting our support regarding the concern you have with your device and chime? Thanks! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I can concurr with this, I am glad I bought the Chime Pro, which does chime almost instantly , my phone also alerts me but several seconds later when I am at home, and much longer if I am away from home. It isnt limited to doorbell pushes either as motion alerts are delayed many seconds as well, so I do believe it is the latency of the Ring infrastructure in the UK. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @spot . If you are experiencing notification delays on your mobile device, we recommend uninstalling/ reinstalling the app, as well as connecting to wifi only when at home to see if notification times improve. Best practice is to also ensure not too many apps are open at once, and VPN or hotspot connections are disabled. I hope this helps!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Hi

Not much help really, thats all standard stuff we have tried.

I would just like it to work EXACTLY as it does on your TV adverts... I know they are fakes but I can see my Cocoon video instantly if there is any disturbances at home, why not Ring Video? oh yes, CocoonLabs spend money on R&D and not TV adverts. Sorry for my sarcasm but its laughable really.

New Neighbor

@ spot im with you on the comment,ive tried whats been told and makes no difference . 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @spot , I would check to ensure that your Doorbell/Cam is connected to your Chime Pro and that it is located in a clear line of sight to your device and router. If you haven't already, give our support team a call to perform more in depth troubleshooting.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Having the exact same problem, tried to online chat and the person said I need to be home in order to try a fix...

I guess the point for having such a device is that you can "be home" while away...

At the end, very disappointed to have the issue (I want it working like in the commercials!), and even more so on the poor customer service. Ours aren't the first complaint about it, so one would think they would have a solution already. 

When I get the notification on my phone, the person is already gone. That would not avoid package theft or even an intrusion.

Thinking about returning the entire thing.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I know its so frustrating, we buy expensive phones, expensive WiFi systems, expensive broadband, I mean, what is wrong with Virginmedia 350Mbps, TP-Link Deco mesh wifi, Samsung S9plus, and its the Ring Doorbells letting it all down. 

Unfortunately its the same here, always at work, bought the Ring so I could be there if anyone called... I have video from motion detections (they did fix the multiple alerts :-)) where all I see is people walking off, as it takes so long to connect.  Its always been a poor system unfortunately and seeing as these issues have been ongoing for months, I doubt if they can make it any faster. My doorbell, chimepro and router are all within 10 feet, admittedly with a brick wall in between yet my Tesla when parked is much further away and has a very good WiFi signal.  ah well, heres hoping for miracles.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm not entirely convinced it's all down to poor performance from Ring. My phone "rings" almost instantly, especially when I'm connected to the same wifi, and yet my wife's phone, connected to the same wifi, has large delays.

As for when I'm out and about, with a good 4G/3G signal it works well but less so depending where I am. You have to take signal coverage into consideration.

That said, marketing must take some flak as they make it sound like it's always going to be instantaneous, which is unlikely given the number of variables.

Just my 2p/2c ;-)

Tony