connection to echo show 5

My Echo Show 5 tells me that there is motion at my front door, that is not the problem. Is there a way when motion is detected that the picture automatically comes on the echo show 5?

1 Like

No, but it has been asked by many. Hopefully they will soon at least let you turn a feature like that on if someone wants it.

2 Likes

I bought the show so I could see who was at the door. You’re saying it cannot do that?

Hi @RiceResidence. You can set it up so that the Live View will automatically pull up on your Echo Show when your Ring detects motion. I’ll list the steps below for you.

Step-by-Step Instructions

-Open Alexa app
-Tap on More (bottom right corner)
-Select ROUTINES
-Tap the + (upper right corner)
-Tap on ENTER ROUTINE NAME, name your routine, and tap Next (upper right corner)
-Tap WHEN THIS HAPPENS, select Smart Home, locate your Ring device and tap on it
-Tap on MOTION
-Tap on toggle (button) for DETECTED, tap Next (upper right corner)
-Tap ADD ACTION, scroll down and locate and tap on CUSTOM
-Type in: Show Front Door Camera (substitute “Front Door” for your actual camera’s name)
-Tap Next (upper right corner)
-Tap CHOOSE DEVICE (select the Alexa device w/ a screen that will auto start video when motion is detected)
-Tap Save (upper right corner)

I hope you find this information helpful! You can find all of our Help Center Articles regarding Ring and Alexa here if you have more questions. :slight_smile: