Highlighted
New Neighbor

can you change the outside ring tone on the ring doorbell pro,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: can you change the outside ring tone on the ring doorbell pro,

Good question @Leeds1959! At this time you cannot change the tone that sounds from your Doorbell's speaker when the button is pushed. You are, however, able to adjust the volume of this in the Doorbell's device settings, but there is only one tone.

This sounds like an excellent feature request, in which we've seen other neighbors share interest in such a feature as well! Consider this shared with the team. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Community Manager

Good question @Leeds1959! At this time you cannot change the tone that sounds from your Doorbell's speaker when the button is pushed. You are, however, able to adjust the volume of this in the Doorbell's device settings, but there is only one tone.

This sounds like an excellent feature request, in which we've seen other neighbors share interest in such a feature as well! Consider this shared with the team. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I think if you’re going to have a ring tone on the outside, it would be a good option to be able to match it to your chimes inside, for example an Xmas theme or Halloween theme, would set a nice atmosphere to whoever is calling to your home, just a thought!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Will the ability to change outside sound be available anytime soon?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Has this feature been accepted and planned? It would really make the doorbell product versatile.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I´m also interested in the option to change the outside ring tone. Are you working on that option?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

WE need this feature for those of us living in condos and townhomes. One ring sounds and four people have to check their doors. I was the first to buy the Ring, now I want to switch to an alternative so I know when it is my door since I put my phone on mute during working hours (email notifications etc. )

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Is this feature coming? It really is needed soon and needs to be an app update not hardware update. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Please make this feature available. I Hate the corporate signature tune . It drives me mad so have had to turn it off
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I think it’s ridiculous that a doorbell so expensive, with so many features has not got a means of changing the awful doorbell alert .

i dread somebody ringing the front door...it freaks my cats out, and is an awful sound.

This needs to be sorted.