cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

at WITS END

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: at WITS END

We're here to help @kstrein. I appreciate your efforts and patience in this matter, as well as all of the suggestions here! 

With the Doorbell being battery operated, and charged to 100%, I recommend performing a reset on the device by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, try starting a new setup through the Ring app and follow the instructions to connect it to your wifi. Please let us know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ah, I read "connecting" as connected...no prob... it's a Battery model and not mains attached at all. Have you tried setting it up right next to your main router/WiFi point. This will prove the end-to-end solution is ok as this is the optimum possible.

Then moving away from the router it becomes WiFi neighbour issue. These issue can be based on your own WiFi signal strength and quality, but maybe simply on interferance from neighbours. It's worth checking your WiFi channel is not congested. There are lots of free apps on Android (none on iOS) that will allow you to see what channels are being used around you. It may mean you should change the channel you are using.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This has been done more times than I can count. This is the only solution I've gotten after hours and hours on the phone with customer service. Once I do the reset, it connects and works....but only for about an hour or two. I am NOT going to reset the doorbell every single day and just HOPE that it works that day. I've had a break in recently, and guess what? THE DOORBELL DIDN'T get any video evidence for the police.  I'm at the point where I want a refund on both the chime and the doorbell and I'm going to another product, because this is so ridiculous. I have a product that doesn't work and customer service that keeps telling me to do the same thing over and over and over without different results. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This has been done more times than I can count. This is the only solution I've gotten after hours and hours on the phone with customer service. Once I do the reset, it connects and works....but only for about an hour or two. I am NOT going to reset the doorbell every single day and just HOPE that it works that day. I've had a break in recently, and guess what? THE DOORBELL DIDN'T get any video evidence for the police.  I'm at the point where I want a refund on both the chime and the doorbell and I'm going to another product, because this is so ridiculous. I have a product that doesn't work and customer service that keeps telling me to do the same thing over and over and over without different results. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

If it's fails close to the router then there is a defn an issue and I would hope that Ring support could chase it out. What router do you have?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just got a new one and increased internet speed thinking that would solve the issue. It's a Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600 (16x4) WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo (C6250)