Zoom during playback?

Why does Ring offer pinch zoom during Live View, but not during playback of a recording? Seems important to be able to respond to a Ring app notification by zooming in on a person in the recorded video to identify and grab a snapshot if needed.

Hi @S123. Thank you so much for this feedback! I have made sure to pass this onto the appropriate team for you. In the meantime, you can always download the video as needed, and zoom in on the video in your Gallery to get a screenshot of a close up you may desire.

I am also curious why this feature no longer exists - it used to!

In particular, the app will allow you to zoom in during video playback, but only when the video is in vertical mode on your phone.

When you go to full-screen playback (16x9 horizontal on the phone), it won’t let you zoom in, but it most definitely used to as I would use that feature all the time.

I’m using an iPhone 13 Pro with the latest OS. You really should be able to zoom in/out during full screen playback. Very important. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.