Won’t stay connected

My ring doorbell pro won’t stay connected. We recently received a ring doorbell pro and have never been able to keep it connected for more than a few minutes. The WiFi and power strength are good. It connects just fine but within a few minutes it will say it’s disconnected and tell us to start over. Any suggestions?

Hey @Gregk23. Is the Doorbell lighting up at all whenever it is saying it’s offline? You may have a power concern, which you can address with the help of our Help Center Article here.

It is lit up. Has a white ring circling constantly.

@Gregk23 Happy to chime in for Chelsea here. The spinning white light indicates that the Doorbell Pro is in setup mode. Please try walking through a new setup in the Ring App by following the instructions under Set Up a Device. If the setup is unsuccessful, please share a screenshot showing us what step it is failing at so we can take a look! :slight_smile:

It does connect all the way through but then within 3-5 minutes I lose connection and the light spins and I have to start over again.

1 Like

@Gregk23 After you are able to get it connected, what does the RSSI in your Device Health page read as? You can read more about RSSI in our Community post here. If the Pro is not getting a strong wifi signal, this may be why it’s dropping the connection.

I am also having this issue, attached is a photo of the rssi

Mine won’t stay connected either. Reset didn’t work and I’m hard wired in. White light is on and app says all systems are fine on my end. Guess I’ll try charging the battery ?‍♀️

I have this same issue. WiFi booster within 10ft. It’s hardwired. Says it’s connected when I check but no video.

Hi there, neighbors! In addition to the RSSI diagnostic mentioned above, I recommend also ensuring your Doorbell Pro is connected to the 2.4 Ghz wifi, rather than 5 Ghz. This will allow for a more dependable wifi connection. If your wifi signal looks good, but video is still not connecting, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, as well as ensure there is not a vpn enabled.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: