cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring of Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Existing Chime in UK (Byron 776)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Wiring of Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Existing Chime in UK (Byron 776)

I have managed to find This Buzzer here, which is 16-24v (The exact voltages specified for Ring Pro). It also states "Wired Wall Mounted Domestic Buzzer, suitable for Ring and Nest systems". I will look some more, but if I do not find anything else, I will give this one a try.
It really feels like the compatibility list on the US Ring Website is totally pointless. What we actually need to look for is high-voltage chimes.

I'm just curious how would Ring Pro handle a buzzer. Does it suppot press & hold for continuous buzzing? Will it buzz for a second or will it buzz for at least 3 seconds? If I cannot find a high voltage ding dong, I will definitely give that buzzer a try.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Aelther,

Tried that 24 VAC doorbell from DoorchimesUK on your Ring pro set yet? Did it work? 3 sec buz?

Paul

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi, no I've not tried it yet, I've been waiting for Ring to send me the Pro Power Kit, which I have received recently. I will probably be importing an American mechanical Chime and a Polish transformer (It's a real pain trying to make this American product fully compatible outside the US). I'll update this thread if it works, along with all the links.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi folks

I have managed to get my Video Doorbell Pro to work with a mechanical chime.

It does require a little more work than most will feel comfortable with but it's an option for those who want their mechanical chimes to work. Mine (and my neighbour's) have been up and running for a while now and work great - no issues.

I created a little instructable:

https://www.instructables.com/id/UK-Ring-Video-Doorbell-Pro-Working-With-Mechanical/

/* */