Wiring of Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Existing Chime in UK (Byron 776)

Quick update now that new transformer arrived:

1. Wiring as per my last post (from their video) which is essentially the diagram in their European manual = Ding and constant loud buzzing (From solenoid?), no dong, not good, so their recommendation = Doesn’t work

2. Wiring as per the alternate diagram on my first post with the 8v transformer removed = Worked! So when Ring doorbell was pushed it caused the internal doorchime to actually chime, all appeared as I wanted it, BUT this caused a constant load on the Ring 24v transformer which caused it to hum, didn’t seem good, so I decided to not to risk leaving it like that.

I’ve not got any electronics expertise, only the very basics from school many years ago, so I’m definitely not going to experiment beyond what others have tried!

So for now I’ve just completely ignored the internal doorchime, and just wired the 24v transformer to the Ring doorbell pro directly. Annoying, I might see if I can find a 16v doorchime on their compatible list to use instead, as I still like the idea of having a physically attached doorchime in case of intermittent WiFi (but maybe that’s actually more trouble than it’s worth)

You are right that Ring should definitely provide more support or at least clarity around what should be possible with existing doorchimes! Ah well…