Wiring of Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Existing Chime in UK (Byron 776)

@dmax66 wrote:

It would be great to hear from Ring their official position on this.

Thanks for your reply, good to hear its not just me then! And yeah wish there was some clearer information from Ring about this…

The closest wiring diagram which I think should work is similar to as they supplied in their european manual, in this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2SI9F0hJa0

If you look at 4:22 in that video you will see how they have connected it which appears to be using a Byron doorbell, then they use the pro power kit / cable (diagram from that video attached). Though do remember that you will also need to enable the internal chime in the Ring app, which I didn’t realise there was a setting for at first. (Its in Device Settings, General Settings, Doorbell Chime Type, set it to Mechanical)

I am going to try that when the replacement transformer arrives (which hopefully won’t overheat this time), although they shipped it a while back its likely held up in all the christmas holiday post!

And a quick note, when they say “bypass” I don’t think they mean to completely bypass it (as in not use the chime), they just have a poor choice on their terminology. As far as I can see when they say “bypass”, they just mean to bypass the original transformer, but still have it so the chime works.

Let me know how you get on, and what ends up working for you / your customer?