Wiring of Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Existing Chime in UK (Byron 776)

@Marley_Ring thanks for your reply!

In regards to the chime kit in use there, something powered by a low voltage of 8v, is likely not going to be rated for much higher than that. Proper functionality may not occur if adding it into the configuration with a 24v power supply or more.

I agree, though in this scenario do you or the Ring electricians have a preference as to the wiring (as per diagrams on initial post)? Or are they able to explain why the wiring in the manual seems to recommend leaving the existing transformer in place (there must be a reason, I just wanted to understand). I doubt I could explain over the phone.

Check out our Chime Compatibility List to see if there is a better fitting chime for your setup.

I thought I had seen the Byron 776 on the compatible list, but I must have been looking at a different list (maybe for another model). I’ll see if its easy to get hold of one which has been confirmed as compatible as that may be easier. EDIT: Looking at that page, those chimes all appear to be only available in the US or Canada, that list I don’t think is relevant in Europe / UK

Keep in mind, bypassing the chime kit and wiring directly to your transformer using the Pro Power Kit, and using one of our Chime devices, is another option.

And yes it is an option, but I didn’t want to rely solely on WiFi for hearing the doorbell, in case intermittent router issues stop us from hearing the door!