Wiring help with Doorbell 3

I just purchased a Doorbell 3 and have a quick question about the correct wiring installation. I have an old intercom system. The old doorbell has a speaker. Two wires are orange and yellow that went to the “Ring” button, and two wires red and black going to the speaker part of the doorbell.

When wiring the new Doorbell 3, do i use the red/black wires?

Hi @Dranke3. The Ring Video Doorbell 3 is not compatible with any other brand of wireless chimes or any chime/intercom system using a DC transformer. I would recommend reviewing our chime kit compatibility list for the Doorbell 3 here, as you’ll need a compatible digital or mechanical chime kit if you plan to wire your Doorbell 3 to it. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the response, however that isn’t what I was asking. I don’t want it to be compatible, I have ordered the Ring Chime. My question was about the wiring, and which two wires to use.

@Dranke3 When wiring your Doorbell 3 to your existing doorbell circuit, ensuring that it is compatible is key as it may not work properly if any components on the doorbell circuit are not compatible. You can review the installation process for the Doorbell 3 in our Help Center Article here, but for more advanced setup assistance, it may be best for you to reach out to our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.