Wired Ring Doorbell not Triggering Original Chime

JohnofDublin: Thanks for the post acknowledging there is a difference in RVDB2’s. You prompted me to do some additional research - my firmware is up to date and so is my software version. I know I have power to my internal chime as the ring batteries stay charged. I have two units which I purchased at about the same time in 2019 - both work the same.

What is interesting to me is there is not a different version of the app - like one for Ring pro and one for RVDB2. So that makes me wonder why I do not have the option to select chime type if they all use the same app. Maybe the app gets information from the ring device itself when you set it up - which seems a little weird. I did try deleting the app and reinstalling it, no change.

Just out of curiosity, is your internal chime one of the ring “approved” models?

Anyway, thanks for your time. I have learned to live with no internal chime. I have enough iPhones and iPads around the house all set to allow alerts - so I get notice when someone is at the door. Just frustrating that Ring provides a product that is not fully functional.

1 Like