Wired Ring Doorbell not Triggering Original Chime

@RE1 wrote:

“The Ring Video Door Bell 2 will not close the terminals when the button is pushed and therfore it will never activate a mechanical chime. I have repeadly stated this - but still some reply they found a fix - which is not the case for model stated above. Doesn’t anyone think it strange that Ring doesn’t jump in here and say I’m wrong? Of course then they would have to provide a fix and there isn’t one.”

@RE1 ,

Please stop saying, “The Ring Video Door Bell 2 will not close the terminals when the button is pushed and therfore it will never activate a mechanical chime. I have repeadly stated this.”

You are wrong. Many people, that own the Ring Video Doorbell 2 model, have told you in earlier parts of this thread that their, and my, Ring Video Doorbell 2 does indeed activate a mechanical chime (that is on the compatibility list of mechanical chimes). Other owners of the Ring Video Doorbell 2 have also posted that their doorbell did work, but later broke/stopped. The point is that when working correctly and hooked up to a compatible house chime, the Ring Video Doorbell 2 does activate the house chime when the button is pushed.

You cannot simply check that solid-state relay with an OHM meter as you have repeatedly and incorrectly stated. Back earlier in this thread, on 9/6/2020, I explained why using an ordinary OHM meter will not show a completed circuit when the doorbell button is pressed. I also included links to electronic articles explaining why. When I use an Ohm meter on my doorbell it does not display a completed circuit when I push the button, and yet it does activate the house mechanical chime. I understand why an Ohm meter cannot be used. But you continue to refuse to believe. Now that’s OK if you personally want to not believe, but stop telling others. You should replace your old mechanical house chime with a mechanical chime that is on the compatibility list.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003008663-Ring-Video-Doorbell-2-Chime-Kit-Compatibility-List

But you are correct about the part where the Ring Video Doorbell 2 does not have the setting option for “None”, “Mechanical”, or “Digital” which later models have, and hence the need for the diode when the Video Doorbell 2 is used to activate a compatible Digital Chime.

Please stop, OK?

“Dunning-Kruger Effect”