Will List of Activity Recordings Without Active Subscription Play Once Activated?

Will List of Activity Recordings Without Active Subscription Play Once Activated?

I had a subscription, but for some reason I got an email from Ring indicating my autopay was refused. I checked with my bank, and everything appeared to be good. No idea why it wasn’t going through other than maybe because the card on file was a “credit/debit” card vs’ an actual credit card. Therefore the subscription got deactivated. Nevertheless, I went in and updated my subscription to an actual credit card, and everything seems to be working now. Once I finished updating my autopay option, I clicked into Activity History to see that there were references to alerts that occurred during the time the subscription was in “deactivation” status, but were blurred out. Now that the subscription is Active, will those older videos eventually process and become available? Or will they remain as blurred out?

1 Like

I’d like to know the answer to this same question as I recently had something stolen and want to see the footage. Hope you get an answer soon.

Hey neighbors! Whenever there is no active plan on an account, any future recordings will not be stored and recorded, and all past event history recordings will be lost and inaccessible, as the plan was not active on the account. Once you restore the subscription, the previously removed videos will still be inaccessible as they were permanently removed from the lapse in subscription. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but hope this helps clear this up! You can learn more about this here.

1 Like

You lose all your videos, there is no integration with Google or Microsoft cloud storage either, save yourself the stress effort and time and simply avoid Ring products, definately do not subscribe! It is arguable that what you’re paying for is even a service at all. Customer service is also a waste of time.