WiFi channel option

Hi team,

My Ring Doorbell 3 is connected to WiFi network that is 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz under the same SSID. For all devices in my household it’s fine and they switch to 2.4 GHz when 5 GHz signal becomes week.

But Ring Doorbell reports my WiFi being week and still doesn’t switch to 2.4 GHz while it has excellent reception.

I want to see an option in the mobile app that would disable 5 GHz for the doorbell or fix switching to 2.4 GHz.

Thank you.

Hi @DmitriV. The Video Doorbell 3 is compatible with both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz networks, but it will only connect to the network that was entered at the time of setup. If you’d like to swap it to the 2.4GHz network instead of the 5Ghz network, you can change this under the Device Health tab by choosing Change Wi-Fi Network. If both networks are under the same SSID, you may need to change the name of one to ensure you can easily select the 2.4GHz network. I hope that helps clear things up for you. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn,

and thank you for the prompt reply.

What about fixing the problem or giving a choice to the consumer?

5 GHz is surely faster, but has much smaller range. I don’t think everyone has their routers next to the entrance door.

@DmitriV Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’ve created a Feature Request board for suggestions like this, so feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

Ok, thank you Caitlyn.

1 Like