cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Connection

Highlighted
New Neighbor

WiFi Connection

I lose wifi connection often (as in OFF) and find it to be a real hastle to keep having to  reconnecting my doorbell and flood light to the wifi.  These products should be smart enough to retain my wifi settings the first time I set them up.  Just frustrated!  Not sure if I'll be getting any more Ring products anytime soon.  Any suggestions, yes my signal is strong enough and yes I have enough power.  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: WiFi Connection

Hey @LPGJoe, you could also try to reboot your router once your wifi has gone off! I had this issue a lot at an old home of mind and it happening on Ring devices and other devices connected to the wifi. Although, when I noticed them offline and not working cause they lost connection, I would reboot my router and they were back up within a few minutes. Let me know if this helps! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hey Chelsea,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion! I have tried this and yes on occasion it does work but that only works if the signal is out for 1 to 2 minutes and if you catch it in time. Also, I have a Wi-Fi extender and if unplugged for over 4-5 minutes, I need to re-install my doorbell and camera.

Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager

@LPGJoe  Ah, alright, that makes sense! I know every router and the connection it has to the devices can vary depending on what you got. Does your ISP have a mobile app that you can reboot your router from as well? I know that Cox Communications has a mobile app so that you can get a notification when your internet goes down, and an option to do a remote reboot of your router. I do this myself to be on top of when my internet is having issues when I am away, so maybe that might help as well! In general, I've passed on your feedback to the appropriate team though so we can work on improving things for our neighbors like yourself. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.