Why is my camera taking only 10 second videos?

I remember complaining a long time ago about of Ring doorbell only taking 20 second videos, and no for some inexplicable reason it’s only taking 10 second videos now.

Last night, some losers stole a giant heavy box which happened to be a baby crib from my doorstep. The camera only took a 10 second video and captured the car pulling up to the door. That’s it. What the hell am I supposed to do with a 10 second video? Why can’t Ring be better and just capture video when there’s motion?

1 Like

Hey @esoderick. Have you reached out to our support team on this concern? If you have not already, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes, as your answer may help another neighbor with a similar concern that comes to this thread!

Same has happened to mine. Its only recording 10 secs then massive pauses between the action, so everything is staggered. Absolutely pointless. No option to lengthen the time either.
Ring has claimed that they were doing this to conserve battery life, well that should be my choice and I also disagree.
If anything this is probably draining more battery by going on and off on and off, because by the time I get to live view I’m recording nothing.
Is this actually more to do with server/cloud space. Or a ploy to get me to buy your newest model, as these glitches and unwanted changes are happening the same time you’ve rolled out an updated model in April?
It shouldn’t be your choice to play around with our safety settings, especially without consultation, or with the ability for us to change the setting back to how it was. My doorbell is useless now. Unless you bring back the 30 seconds which is still actually quite poor I’m going to take my business elsewhere. By the time the lagging app opens there is nothing to capture, it’s literally a blink.
Imagine if future customers decide after purchasing your products by credit card, to phone their bank retract the payment and instead direct the bank to make randomly spread payments in denominations that they choose!..to reserve their money. It’s not on!
Would definitely never recommend ring to anyone ever again. Poor poor choices, not keeping the customer in mind.

Hi @Somebody. One of the reasons you Camera could be taking 10 second videos is due to a setting called Motion Verification. Your Camera will determine if motion is present, or not, and trim the recording accordingly. There is a great Help Center article here that covers this feature more in depth. Adjusting the settings mentioned in that article will allow you to take control of your Ring Devices. If you’re still having this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.