White lines across video at night

I’m getting white lines across the video at night.

The lines are like static on the tv, they stutter and move vertically.

WiFi connection is good.

During the day the video is clear and looks great.

Anyone else have this issue?

3 Likes

Hey @Nerf. Could you try resetting the Doorbell and reconnecting it to see if this helps? You can reset it by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then follow the steps in this Help Center article to reconnect your device.

Once this is complete, test a live view. If this is still happening, please check out our Help Center Article here to see if any of the steps you take here can help.

If you still have this concern after doing some troubleshooting, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’m having the same exact issue. The camera works fine in the daytime, but as soon as night fall hits the white lines come.

2 Likes

Same issue! Did you all get it sorted out?

I have the same issue. During the day is fine, but white lines at night.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! This definitely should not be happening. Chelsea shared the best steps to take, prior in this thread. Check out that post above for help with performing a reset on your Video Doorbell. As mentioned, if the reset does not help, please reach out to our support team for further assistance.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have reset, completely deleted the entire app and ring and reinstalled them both, several times.

still the same, i was on hold for i believe 45 minutes before i gave up on tech support.

if it doesn’t solve itself i will not be renewing my ring membership and looking elsewhere for video security.

3 Likes

Finally got a hold of customer service. They verified that connection is good, wifi and such are fine and that the issue only occurs at night.

I am out of warranty so I simply have to buy another. It lasted just over a year. Mind you, it is on our porch which has an overhang so it is well guarded.

Crystal clear video during the day, lines at night. I am very disappointing. I will be cancelling my ring basic subscription and tossing this in the trash.

2 Likes

Hi @Rocco13. This is not the experience we want you to have at Ring. With your device being out of warranty and not functioning properly, you are able to receive an out of warranty discount code to purchase a new device. Please, let me know if this was the case. Also, if you are subscribed to our Ring Protect Plus Plan, you have an extended warranty on all of your Ring devices at your location.

I appreciate the follow up. I only have the basic coverage as I did not expect to have any issues such as this.

I was offered the discounted price but now after only 15 months and such a large flaw, I do not trust the Ring or it’s quality.

1 Like

I have the same issue and received the same ‘sorry, buy a new one’ response. I also canceled my plan. Customer service knew nothing other than to read from a script about connection issues and the responses here are the same vague response. This will be the last of Ring products for this household.

Why would I spend more money on a device that lasts 14 months?

3 Likes

Exactly! Now that I know I am not alone I certainly will NOT be purchasing anything with the Ring name on it.

I will also ensure my neighbors do not either.

I understand things happen but this is not a defect that we caused but purely a software or hardware issue that is out of our control. It is not due to neglect or negligence as it works perfectly during the day.

Oh well, live and learn but I will not be tricked again!

2 Likes

Same issue. Was working great since I got it earlier this year and this problem suddenly developed within the last month. I am not spending more money in another ring device and am discouraging neighbors from buying one. Very disappointed.

3 Likes

I am also having the same issue and my device is less than 2 years old and I pay the annual fee. This is obviously a Ring issue because there are multiple threads about it happening to many people all since June of this year. If Ring doesn’t resolve I will be looking into a class action lawsuit. Stand by your product instead of requiring the customer to dish out more money!

2 Likes

Had same issue. Resolved issue fast with 3 steps. 1. Threw that expensive junk in trash. 2. Canceled expensive overrated subscription service. 3. Purchased Wyze cams and payed 1/20th the price and have excellent video… Excellent service. Time lapse. Way better sound. I was skeptical at first… But now know… Wyze was built by and for the people

2 Likes

BeachMack it’s funny you say that. I just looked at the Wyze cameras today!

My white line problem is gone because the ring 2 has stopped working completely!!! Alerts me but there is nothing but blank videos and live view no longer works.

I thought I was disappointed before, I was mistaken! I wonder if it is a ploy similar to other companies. When the new one comes out the old ones start having issues.

I will make sure NO ONE I know purchases a Ring product of any kind. Unless they like halfway decent looking paperweights.

1 Like

Mine is also now not working on live view and several notifications just have black screen or completely skip through. Piece of crap! And yet no response from Ring!

Holy moly! Still have the white lines at night. Now my live views works when it wants AND I no longer receive notifications.

Anyway, I cancelled the Ring plan and I got a Blink off amazon. I am WORLDS happier. The RIng is going in the trash!

Yes, started in September. Spoke to customer service and they looked at my video and said the video card went bad. They are sending me a replacement doorbell under warranty (which one year warranty expires in 2 weeks). If you are within the one year warranty window, I recommend that you call customer service.

My issues started 2 months after the warranty expired. Very sad.