White lines across video at night

Had same issue. Resolved issue fast with 3 steps. 1. Threw that expensive junk in trash. 2. Canceled expensive overrated subscription service. 3. Purchased Wyze cams and payed 1/20th the price and have excellent video… Excellent service. Time lapse. Way better sound. I was skeptical at first… But now know… Wyze was built by and for the people

2 Likes

BeachMack it’s funny you say that. I just looked at the Wyze cameras today!

My white line problem is gone because the ring 2 has stopped working completely!!! Alerts me but there is nothing but blank videos and live view no longer works.

I thought I was disappointed before, I was mistaken! I wonder if it is a ploy similar to other companies. When the new one comes out the old ones start having issues.

I will make sure NO ONE I know purchases a Ring product of any kind. Unless they like halfway decent looking paperweights.

1 Like

Mine is also now not working on live view and several notifications just have black screen or completely skip through. Piece of crap! And yet no response from Ring!

Holy moly! Still have the white lines at night. Now my live views works when it wants AND I no longer receive notifications.

Anyway, I cancelled the Ring plan and I got a Blink off amazon. I am WORLDS happier. The RIng is going in the trash!

Yes, started in September. Spoke to customer service and they looked at my video and said the video card went bad. They are sending me a replacement doorbell under warranty (which one year warranty expires in 2 weeks). If you are within the one year warranty window, I recommend that you call customer service.

My issues started 2 months after the warranty expired. Very sad.

Hi, the reset seems to have worked for me ?? Thank you

1 Like

Same here white lines across screen at night but works fine during the day… ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Apparently the video cards go bad. They replaced my doorbell with 2 weeks left on the warranty.

I’ve just tried out the instruction to reset it for 20secs (small button on the front) and then change the network like setting up again and the line have now gone. The picture is clear again…

Second time I did the reset after several days and it worked on my doorbell2. Hope you have same luck as mine.

I suddenly began having this same issue with my Doorbell 2 about a month ago. Went through a whole crap-ton of troubleshooting with the folks on the Twitter page, and eventually they ran out of options and told me I had to call support. Just got off the phone with them, and they told me that this problem is apparently a known issue. They say they’re “working on it”, but this problem basically makes their product useless for me. Has anyone else heard any more information regarding this? To have a known issue of this magnitude for this long seems ridiculous to me. Many posts I can find on these forums go back to mid-2020 reporting this issue. The best part of this is I have a Ring Assist Plus extended warranty that I paid extra for on this doorbell - Ring has told me I just need to “be patient and wait” - I suppose they’re waiting for my extended warranty to expire so they can tell me to go away. Anybody else have any ideas here? @Chelsea_Ring or @Tom_Ring ?

Hi @mdimunno. If the suggestions in this thread that have worked for other neighbors, are not working for you, it would be best to follow up with our support team regarding your open support ticket.

Hi guys. I had this issue… and after resetting 2 or 3 times i was randomly getting this issue then it was stopping… I then found out when I loosened the screw it stopped the interference. So try to loosen the screw if you get this issue as it solved mine. Whether the screw is tightening the frame somehow and causing the pcb inside to flex I don’t know but I can now reproduce this by either tightening or loosening the screw.

1 Like

I am having exactly the same issues

I had exactly the same problem and, while searching for a cure. I came across a message that said that it sounded like a dry joint problem and that he hit the doorbell twice with the palm of his hand. This reminded me of the one inch drop test with earlier computers, so I hit my doorbell twice with the palm of my hand and it has a clear night image once more.

2 Likes

Thank you for that tip. I tried everything then saw your post, took the screw out and it works perfectly now.
Thank you so much for posting this as it works!

Continuing the discussion from White lines across video at night:

I am having the same problem.
Tried resetting… nothing.

Took screw out, nothing
Hit with palm of hand… think I need a large hammer tbh

Having the same problem with mine which is a couple of years old is there a resolution to this problem??

2 smacks with palm of hand worked like a charm!
Thanks!