Which screws are for what?

4 different types and lengths of screws included with my Ring Doorbell 2. Which screws are for what? How do I know? You don’t and Ring doesn’t know either.

No mention of what’s included in the box - or what SHOULD be included in the box - so I don’t know if I got the proper contents. Ring doesn’t want you to know what should be in the box, and Ring doesn’t know what should be in the box.

What do the security screws look like? There is no photo of them. Are they the same as the other small screws? I don’t know. Ring doesn’t want me to know.

What is the mounting bracket? It seems that one was not included in my box. There is no photo of the mounting bracket in the literature. There is no list of package contents in the literature. Ring doesn’t want me to know what the mounting bracket is.

In sum, your product descriptions are HORRENDOUS. There is no description of what the products are, what is included with them, and what is included in the box, how to install it, etc… For example, there is no mention in the literature of a flat mounting bracket.

1 Like

So I purchased two separate Video Doorbell 2 at Costco. BOTH boxes are missing the flat mounting bracket and “security screws.”

Ring’s literature does not tell the buyer what is in the package. However, I believe that the package is supposed to have these parts.

Hi @Venice. Everything that is needed to install your Doorbell 2 should be included in the box. There may be extra tools or parts you find you don’t need to use for your installation. You can reference our Help Center Article here, which does go over what is included in the box. Additionally, we have some resources on how to install the Doorbell 2 with or without an existing doorbell that may be helpful.

If you’re installing your Doorbell 2 without an existing doorbell circuit, you can reference this article. If you’re installing it with an existing doorbell, you can reference this article. There are videos in both of those articles that detail the installation process as well.

Should you find that anything is missing, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They can take a closer look and make sure you have all of the necessary parts for installation. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

Caitlyn, thanks for the reply, but please provide the link you mentioned:

"You can reference our Help Center Article here, which does go over what is included in the box. "

This information should be included with the product!

thanks

David

@Venice Thanks for letting me know! It looks like my link broke after posting. I went ahead and fixed it so you should be able to click on the link now. If anything is missing, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn, the link you provided does NOT say what is included in the box.

I did call the phone number and told them about missing parts. Ring told me they are sending me the missing parts, but they have not arrived in over one week.

Since Ring does not tell the customer what is or should be included in the box, it is difficult (sometimes) to determine if Ring provided everything that should be in the box!

Seems like a good product, but it’s weird that Ring doesn’t tell customers what is in the box.

Hey @Venice. Chiming in for Caitlyn here! Glad to hear you were able to reach out to support to get an order placed for the extra parts you need. I checked out the link that Caitlyn provided and it looks like if you scroll down a bit you will see what is included in the box listed there. To make it easy, I will copy and paste this to highlight for you below:

_ What do I need to install Ring Video Doorbell 2? _

Everything you need comes in the box:

• Ring Video Doorbell 2
  • Micro USB charging cable
  • Adapter plate
  • Miniature level
  • Screwdriver handle
  • Two-sized screwdriver bit
  • Screws
  • Screw anchors
  • Drill bit for anchors
  • User Manual
  • Installation instruction guide
  • Diode
  • Wire extensions
  • Wire nuts
  • Corner wedge
  • Mount wedge
  • Two interchangeable faceplates

For the contact that you had with support, if you do not see the additional parts hit your mailbox within a weeks time, please reach back out to them to get a status update on your order and/or some tracking information. In the event you are not able to follow up with them or get more information on when the order will get to you, please let me know and I will be happy to follow up with them for you. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue with a Ring 3 doorbell delivered from Amazon last week ?

What should the security screws be like that hold the cover over the battery?

If I put it up now someone could pull the cover off and take out the battery?

Not impressed with not having a picking list, the product looks great but the execution leaves something to be desired, rang the uk number and it directed me here very confusing?

I agree. I need installation instructions. I’ve misplaced the ones in the Ring Doorbell 2 box, but there is absolutely nowhere on the website to find them.

Hey @Judyrandy! For instructions on setting up or installing your Video Doorbell, check out our help center article containing tips and a link to step by step instructions. If you are needing additional hardware for installation, check out our spare parts kits on our accessories page at Ring.com. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: