Video processing, please wait

Everytime our doorbells rang, the message ‘Video processing, please wait’ came up - and for so long that the visitors had given up before I could response.

It then came to my mind that the problem had been there since the new feature History Timeline was implemented. After deselecting this, the video now answers almost immediately when answering the doorbell.

Is that a known problem?

4 Likes

Hey @OHA , the Timeline feature should not effect Live View connection. Have you tried reinstalling the application as well? If not, I recommend testing that to see if video connects with the Timeline feature on afterwards. If this concern persists, please confirm what type of mobile device(s) is exhibiting these symptoms. Thank you!

Sorry, I did what you suggested - but stille the same problem/solution

My devices are iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6 and iPhone SE

But I’m not actually missing the ‘Time line’

May I suggest that you add alerts saying wich doorbell is reacting? In my case it would be extremely nice if it could be something like …Frontdoor… and …Backdoor…, so I don’t have to remember which alert goes to a specific door.

Thanks

Ole, Denmark

Sorry to hear this concern is persisting. This is definitely an odd one, I recommend calling in to our support team for more in depth troubleshooting.

Great idea for the alert tones! There is an alert tone in the app that will say what type of device is notifying, but not the name of the device as you requested. Additionally, if you have an Alexa enabled device, there should be some available routines to announce activity at a specific device by name. In the meantime, consider this request shared with the team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just chiming in to say I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times. It takes an insane amount of time to view videos. I’ve had videos that were taken well over an hour ago fail to load and then state “Video is Processing”. This is true for videos that were recorded several days earlier, even ones that I’ve already watched. It’s like this on my home wifi, work wifi, cell, iPhone, and iPad.

7 Likes

Same problem, removed, reinstalled!!! Still not working since last “improvements”!

6 Likes

I haven’t had the problem yet after I turned off the Event History Timeline

Same thing is happening to me. Using the iPad Air 2 and an iPhone XS. How do you delete the event timeline history option?

I can never catch any live video. Notification slow, and recording takes several minutes to process. It is useless technically and I’d better just go answer the door myself coming down from second floor would be faster than ring

9 Likes

Choose the menu option in the top left corner (3 lines) - choose Account

1 Like

Hey neighbors. If you are still receiving a message of video unavailable, the best first step is to ensure your Ring app is up to date. Please also ensure the bluetooth and VPN is disabled, as well as try testing video on wifi only, and on data only.

Video connection often time is related to network connection of wifi signal strength. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing signal strength.

Add me to the long list… Myself and my wife, the app does exactly what everyone here is saying… I will try to disable the timeline and see that helps, but then, what is the point of that “Feature” … @Ring do something about this… i guarantee not everyone here has bad signal strength.

4 Likes

Just discovered that the quickest way to open Live View is to press ‘Ring’ (on the desktop) and quickly slide my finger up to the device / location that gives the alert - and release again.

And to the Ring company: I have an excellent wifi- and internet connection, and Live View starts up very, very fast when using the button ‘Live View’.

But not when I try to open Live View by selecting the alarm coming up when someone rings the doorbell. And I suppose that’s the way it actually should be done - right?

1 Like

Same problem. It takes forever to view. I receive the alert and I can’t see what triggered the motion. I uninstalled and reinstalled many times with no luck. This is unacceptable as I can not react to unexpected movement in my home. Ring please provide a resolve.

2 Likes

I went ahead and disabled the Timeline Event History as well.

Hi neighbors! Has this since been resolved for you?

If you are still receiving a message of video unavailable, the best first step is to ensure your Ring app is up to date. Try removing and reinstalling the app on your mobile device. Please also ensure the bluetooth and VPN is disabled, as well as try testing video on wifi only, and on data only.

Video connection often time is related to network connection of wifi signal strength. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing signal strength. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s not the WiFi. Just got my first ring cam to compare to my existing Nest cams. The Nest cams show me what triggered the alert immediately while I’m still waiting another 2 minutes to see it on the ring cam while the video is “processing”. Ring going back, sticking with Nest.

2 Likes

I have this issue on both ring doorbells they are useless. I have no idea who is at my door till after they are gone. I have installed and uninstalled the app I have excellent Wi-Fi. I do not know how to disable the timeline but it’s really frustrating that I would have to do this just for it to operate like a simple doorbell with a video.

2 Likes

Every since the updates I haven’t been able to access any video’s. Just says video processing, I get the alerts that there was motion and I am able to see thru the camera when I scroll between video’s and when I get to the recorded part it just says video processing. This doorbell has became completely useless.

2 Likes

Same issue here, useless service, thinking in cancelling this wast of money and buy something serious

1 Like