Video doorbell2 Live View "Not Working" Samsung Galaxy S10

Same here, wifes S9 works great, just the Note 10+ has upgraded to Android 10 an now the Ring app doesn’t work on it. All other BT devices seem to be fine and I’m not sure why the Wi-Fi doorbell wouldn’t work with BT on. I place this squarely on Ring, they should have tested more completely. After all, it is their app that’s not working wher all others are.

I did some testing (not that I’m trying to fix rings issue) and found that the live view functions correctly when viewing through SmartThings app so at least there’s a way for people to view until ring fixes the hanging issue.

2 Likes

I tried to connect our Ring via Smart Things. Got all the way to the end, but when i try live stream, it says camera unavailable?

Same here. Good find on the bluetooth device

Same for me…I think it has to do with the android 10 update I have

My live view absolutely will not open unless I’m connected to wifi. I’ve checked every setting. I’m so over this finicky product.

1 Like

I left a one star review on Amazon for the product with an explantion of the issue. If everyone does it, maybe they will start paying attention.

Why!!! It’s not Ring that’s the problem. It worked perfectly fine before samsung released their update! This is Samsungs fault, not Rings.

2 Likes

My Samsung broken

1 Like

It is now working for me. My RING app does now have a different look like the ability to finger scan a recording, whereas before you just let it run. This is exactly like the app on my iPAD. I am on my mobile network and it is working. I was like some of you all and downloaded the rapid ring app and that worked for me but today, I noticed, the full RING app is working

2 Likes

I just uninstalled the app, cleared cache and all data and reinstalled. I am on version 3.21.1 on the Google play store. Still doesn’t work on mobile data on my S10+ with Android 10. My husband is still on Android 7 with his Note 5 and the Ring app works perfectly. That proves that our Ring doorbell and our router and settings are all working perfectly.

Which version of the Ring app do you have ?

1 Like

Same here. It just started working for me today.

The Ring App now has the “timeline” view as the default view. It’s version 3.21.1.

I believe this the same version since last 20 days.

However, the “timeline” view was under “new features” menu. The “new features” has now disappeared, timeline has become the default and the original ring app works.!!

BTW: I’m specifically talking about the Live View not working due to being connected to Samsung smartwatch problem (via bluetooth)

Same here.

I have an S10+ and my wife has an S10. And we both have Samsung Watches.

My wife’s S10 can’t pull live view.
My S10 can connect to live view, but the two way audio will only plays through the phone’s earpiece which makes it inaudible.

On both phones, if you toggle Bluetooth off, all is well.

I get Android 10 on the phones broke the Ring apps. But many apps broke transitioning to Android 10. And most developers updated their apps to support Android 10’s new code.

Ring just hasn’t given a crap for some time now.

It’s definitely not a Android 10 issue since I have 2 phones running it with no issues. From all the posts, it looks like it’s a Samsung issue from their upgrade causing the problem. My One plus 7T and Pixel 3A XL are not experiencing any issues. My guess is Samsung doesn’t use stock Android and whatever they added is causing the problem.

its 100% a Samsung issue. Its their version of A10 causing it.

I cannot connect to live view with or without bluetooth. Turning it off makes no difference for me. If I connect to Wifi it works as intended. I suspect its an LTE issue…but I cannot work out how to disable it.

1 Like

I wish I had a Samsung to try and figure out a work around or fix.

its 100% LTE+ related. but no way to disable it on OneUI2.

I have put a complaint into Samsung.

Just because a samsung upgrade broke a feature does not mean it’s a Samsung issue. The problem I faces with the smartwatch was that of Ring App attempting to make a “call” that was being run through the smartwatch code. But live view is not a real “call”.

Updating the platform breaking a specific piece of software is not the platform’s problem. This was clearly sloppy programming by Ring.

Not a fan of Samsung or anything but certainly the fault here was of Ring. Anyhow my issue was fixed magically since the ring app defualted to the “timeline” view.

Try using Rapid Ring as well

The solution that worked for me was to RESET NETWORK SETTINGS on your phone.

Long reply:
After Samsung’s Android 10 update, I was unable to connect to a number of services (Ring, Remote Desktop, IP Cameras, etc) using mobile data (3G/4G/LTE). When connected to WiFi everything worked fine.
I tried disabling ipv6, data roaming, and LTE. I tried the Rapid Ring app. I checked my home network router settings. I configured my own APN. I was considering a factory reset of my phone in order to roll back to previous Android version. While I was going step-by-step through this page [https://thedroidguy.com/what-to-do-if-you-encounter-galaxy-s10-update-issues-fix-for-update-problems-1106528] I got to solution #3 - RESET NETWORK SETTINGS.

This fixed all my connection issues while on mobile data. Hope it helps you, too.

FYI, You will have to re-enter and re-connect to your WiFi and all bluetooth devices.

4 Likes

That worked for me. THANK YOU

1 Like