Video doorbell Pro with Plug in Transformer adapter.

Hi,

I am currently experiencing regular bouts of being offline with my video doorbell Pro. It is currently supplied via a Ring plug-in transformer, however, my last Voltage reading was 3177.0mV and I believe I need 3900.0mV and on the device health it shows poor and reading between the lines Ring state this is normally due to a poor circuit/power source. Well it is plugged in less than 20 feet away from video doorbell and it is plugged into a house that is only 20yrs old so I doubt I have an issue there. Am I correct in thinking this may be the adapter that is at fault? I hope not as it took ages to get it in place and hide the power cable correctly.

Anyone else having this type of issue?

Hi @JonLeda. Have you tried plugging the adapter into a different outlet? It’s possible the outlet it’s plugged into is not outputting enough power for the Doorbell Pro. A good starting place is this Help Center Article, which covers some basic troubleshooting steps for insufficient power to your Doorbell Pro. If that’s not successful in resolving your concern, it would be best for you to contact our support team directly to look further into this. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

I have changed the location or socket and it has yielded more power though only a little but it seems to work. The issue seems to bizarrely solve the issue of poor internet, now whether it actually allows the device to work and therefore pick up the internet properly I don’t know but I suppose it is a reasonable assumption.

Thanks for the suggestion, I shall remember that.

Well, I spoke too soon. Power is low again. and it is plugged into the mains.

@JonLeda Thanks for letting me know! In that case, I would suggest reaching out to our support team directly so they can look at this more closely with you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I spoke to the CS and it appears the internal battery is not recharging. The house outlets are all correct and providing the right amount of juice but the camera just can’t keep up. I have also noticed that the systems I have that are Ring fail if I put my smart bulbs on.

A new unit is being sent out but I was disappointed to hear it will take 10 days to get a new unit and very embarrassing to inform my friends and neighbours my £260 (Inc. transformer unit) does not work.