Video Showing Lines All of a Sudden

Sadly having the same issue. battery 100% Wifi signal strength 78% and problem only during the night. Same router in same position. It would be nice if someone in customer support started looking into this and help.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue in the last week. Only during night vision use. Battery and wifi strength are fine.

mine is a similar problem but with a vertical line and half the picture being clouded over , i am new to this i only bought it a few days ago it was fine in the beginning although the night vision is poor quality in my opinion, i have tried live chat who are a waste of time asking the same question and talking about a camera not the ring doorbell 3

1 Like

I’m still having issues with mine. No surprise. My battery and WiFi are fine, despite what Ring says. However, now that I have installed holiday lights on the bushes directly in front of the doorbell, the added light is apparently preventing Night Vision from kicking in. This has essentially eliminated the white lines that make video unusable. As soon as the lights on the bushes kick off, I stop getting notifications and the white lines are back.

Anyone else care to test this? Ring hasn’t shown any interest in a fix.

Add another person having the same horizontal line problem at night. Power is at 97% and wifi RSSI is -41 which is smoking hot since the WAP is just on the other side of the door.

There are enough of us getting the exact same problem. It must be some sort of software or firmware issue. Can you get this escalated to engineering for review, please?

If this many people are having the issue here, there are at least 25x more people out there having it but not posting, probably more.

Exact same issue as highlighted by others, works fine during the day - white lines at night. Have reset the doors / changed battery and my Wifi is fine.

Ring tech can you please urgently address this issue, and not respond with the same 2 suggestions I’ve seen on other threads!! Weak Wifi & resetting does not work!!

1 Like

Also having the same issue, I have noticed the RING services go down frequently over the last few months. Anybody had any fixes?

Same issue here. Relieved that it’s not just my unit. Now hopeful for a hot fix from Ring.

Same issue. Has gotten worse over time. Only at night, and my other doorbell 2, which actually has less wifi strength, has never had this problem.
This is an example of the night vision I have now.

Just chiming in to say I’m having the exact same problem with the video feed at night. Wifi is strong, battery is charged, and daytime video is just fine. The issue appeared out of the blue earlier this year.

It definitely seems to be a software issue! @Ring are you aware of this and working on a fix?

Same issue. There seem to be a lot of people with the same problem. Mine is on a Ring 2. But other than the WIFI and reset there is no more info from Ring.
I have reset and have good signal. Personally it appears to be an issue with the night vision camera not the signals or power.

1 Like

Came here to complain about the same problem.
I don’t want to pile on but I’ve not found a solution.
Great video during the day.
Night used to work great then the horizontal lines. It’s terrible. It will be completely white with bits off somewhat clarity.

It doesn’t look like it’s going to get fixed. I’m looking for options if anyone has any.

Also having the same problems mentioned here. Works fine daytime, but night mode has white horizontal lines throughout.

I suddenly began having this same issue with my Doorbell 2 about a month ago. Went through a whole crap-ton of troubleshooting with the folks on the Twitter page, and eventually they ran out of options and told me I had to call support. Just got off the phone with them, and they told me that this problem is apparently a known issue. They say they’re “working on it”, but this problem basically makes their product useless for me. Has anyone else heard any more information regarding this? To have a known issue of this magnitude for this long seems ridiculous to me. The best part of this is I have a Ring Assist Plus extended warranty that I paid extra for on this doorbell - Ring has told me I just need to “be patient and wait” - I suppose they’re waiting for my extended warranty to expire so they can tell me to go away. Anybody else have any ideas here?

1 Like

I have the same issue, only at night. Battery & WiFi are fine, daytime footage is clear. Detection at night negatively impacted.

Same here in Holland, @Ring its a problem since august 2020 ! Why ?
Also did all the jumping through hoops for support while its a known problem ?

I have the same issue, ring doorbell v2. What was the fix?

I’ve had my Ring 2 for nearly 2 years, and it just started the white lines at night too. Any known fixes yet?

Hi

I have just looked at two of my videos this morning. I have noticed a faint dancing horizontal line on the left hand side near my car. It has stopped now but it continued for about 10 minutes. Do you know what caused this. There is nothing on the outside of the doorbell have got full power etc. Thank you

I am having the same issue!