Video Doorbell not charging and bell not ringing

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I did not yet try to contact the Ring support team, but manage to bring it back to live on my own (at least it’s stable and working for a while now).

First I attached a power bench supply and set it to 12V (because the Ring mentioned something between 8 and 24V). However, no current was drawn by the Ring, which is the same behavior as on the bell wire.

Afterwards I started to disassemble the Ring (which is out of guarantee anyways). When taking of the back cover, I noticed two copper pins which are spring loaded and attach to the two copper “containers” where the contact screws are screwed in.
However one of the “spring pins” (on the mainboard) seemed to be slightly lower in hight, compared to the other one. While touching it with tweezers, the lower one felt much less “springy” that the other one.

To compensate, I put a big blob of solder on the corresponding screw “container” and put it back together.
Back on the power bench it started now to draw current , and after reinstalling at the front door, the physical bell worked again.

@Ring: is that a common known issue? Is it possible to get these small “spring pins” as a replacement part?

Greetings

Markus