Video Doorbell motion detection reduced

I am having the same issue. I have ring doorbell that has the motion field set out to go to my garage and edge of driveway. I have had two events this year where someone walked down my driveway to the back of my house, entered the area where the motion is set to be detected, pick up a chair and folded it up, then picked up another chair and folded it up, stayed in the area for another few minutes, then picked up both now folded chairs and walked away with them. My Ring cam never caught the motion, yet a security cam facing towards the Ring cam did catch it and record it. After the this even I made SURE that the motion area covered the entire area. Then the same thief came back again and stole my two replacement chairs. He spent a good 4 or 5 minutes in the area moving around (these chairs area really hard to fold up), then he grabbed the second one, fold it up, then walked off with them again. And the Ring cam still did not detect any motion, luckily my same security cam did. It appears that the Ring is ONLY detecting motion that goes past it (like when I exit the door) and NOT any motion that approaches it. I have the Rings setup with my Alexa to announce any movement seen, which they do when I exit the door. BUT… (and this is the kicker), the Ring cam DOES detect my lawn man mowing the grass on the other side of my drive OUT OF THE RANGE OF MOTION setup on my Ring cam. This is VERY perplexing. The attachment is a screen shot of the “visitor” with location of the motion detection area and the Ring doorbell are marked.

1 Like