Video Doorbell internal battery will not charge

Hey Neighbors,

Anybody have a resolve for internal battery not charging when connecting charger to wall outlet? Been charging for 5 hours & when looking at percentage in App Dashboard steadily decreasing…

Hey @patd7364. If you find that your Doorbell is not holding a charge, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I contacted the support team. Joy, one of your representatives walked me through Resetting my ring device & making sure firmware was up to date. She couldnt really do anything else. She told me if I was still experiencing the problem after 8-10 hours of attempting charging to email her back & i did…but no respose…seeing as her email indicates her schedule in Wednesday - Sunday !

1 Like

@patd7364 Makes complete sense, and thank you for already proactively reaching out! If you do not hear back from her by Thursday at the latest, please feel free to call in again to follow up with our team, as another agent should be able to pick up where she left off. :slight_smile: Let me know how it goes!

Hey, I’ve got the same issue. Last time I charged it about a month ago it was fine and went to 100%. This time it has stayed at 14% even after 8 hours charging.