Video Doorbell Pro volume too loud/distorted

When I’m trying to have a two-way conversation with someone at my front door, the speaker volume is so loud/distorted that the person at my door is unable to hear what I’m saying. Anyone else have this issue? I called support and they just want me to factory reset which I know is not going to fix the issue. Any help is much appreciated…

1 Like

That is a new one. I have had the typical sound (both talk & Listen) cut in and out where no one can understand the conversation. Hundred of posts and quite a few (non working) solutions. Hope you can find help for yours. BTW if you are underwarranty, if a working solution is not working before the warranty expires, make sure you return it before it does. I made the mistake of letting CS keep having me try different things on my issue during which time the waranty ran out. Been stuck with it for 6 months not not working.

Sorry to hear about this, neighbors! Audio concerns are often related to network connection and wifi signal strength. Please check that the RSSI for your device is efficient for audio and video operation. This can be found in the device health section of your Ring app.

I recommend also checking that bluetooth, VPN, and other apps in the background are disabled / closed on your mobile device. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is always a great step to optimize performance and check for updates. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’ve just installed my new Ring Doorbell Pro and I have exactly the same problem. The sound is too loud at the doorbell meaning that the speaker in the unit distorts the sound.

The answers given so far do not sound very convincing. Is there a way to control the sound volume?

I see there are many people asking the same questions. Distorted bad sound is really not acceptable for a premium product like this.

Hi @touriga. Would you mind sharing a video example that demonstrates the distorted sound you’re experiencing? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated. I’d be happy to take a quick look and see what helpful suggestions I may be able to offer.

1 Like

Hi Caitlyn
Thank you so much for responding.
Is there a way that I can share the videos with you privately? I would not want these to be available publically on the community board.
Regards
Rob

@touriga This is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, so in this case it may be best if you contact our support team so they can take a look and help troubleshoot this with you privately. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Your support is clueless.

I also have the same issue with a stupidly loud speaker! I think all of my neighbours know that the delivery guy has left the parcel behind the bin!
I’ve not found any answers anywhere to be able to control the volume of the speaker, just the same response from Ring as above.
Surely it would be more user friendly to be able to have full control of all volume settings from the Ring app?
Feel like I’ve just installed a tannoy next to my front door!
I look forward to being told to contact customer support by a Ring team member…

1 Like

Having the same problem here - lots of advice on how to turn down the volume of the doorbell sound when the button is pushed, but nothing on changing the voice levels. Half the street can hear our side of the dialogue and it’s very frustrating that we cannot turn this down.

1 Like

I also have the same issue, just fitted a blink bell much better sound quality!