Video Doorbell Pro only records *rings* for 4 seconds

I have a Video Doorbell Pro that has been working fine for several years.

Recently, it has been failing to correctly record video of doorbell rings. It will only record for four seconds from the time the doorbell is pressed.

Motion is still being recorded correctly - circa 1 minute of video.

This is very annoying, since *most* of what I’d like to see is the activity around rings, rather than just the motion.

Any suggestions for fixes?

Hey @grajohnt! The first thing I recommend checking here is that your Pro is not linked to other devices that might be interrupting or simultaneously triggering the device during a button press. If the motion and ring event is happening at the same time, it is possible that one is recording over the other. If this is not the case, please check the power level of your Doorbell Pro, as these symptoms occurring only after a ding can be a sign of low power.

If you’ve checked the above and this concern persists, the best next step would be to reach out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for in-depth troubleshooting. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response. It was linked to an Alexa Show, but I disabled the link and it has the same problem. Voltage level is ‘good’.

Could you suggest what other sorts of linked devices might be causing a problem?