Video Doorbell Pro and the included Chime Pro

I set up my Video Doorbell Pro and got it connected… I got one live picture out of it and then it stopped working… my phone app says its OFFLINE… I eventually looked at my routers list of logged in clients and IT IS THERE talking to the router, sending and recieving data…

I’ve tried every variation of restarting and/or hard resetting it… it never enters setup mode…

IT WILL NOT RESET AT ALL

And now, it will not ring the existing doorbell either…

ALSO, the Chime Pro that came with VDP WILL NOT enter setup mode… not even one time…

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank You!

Do you have a 16v30Va transformer installed? If so, push the WPS on your WAP (Wireless Access Point) it might just need to be paired.

Hey @Kramer. The Ring Video Doorbell Pro needs to have proper power into the device in order to enter setup mode. If you are not receiving any lights at all, I recommend to unhook and re-hook it up with the wiring to ensure the transformer or internal chime kit it is connected to is getting enough power and constant power. From there, wait for the Doorbell Pro to light up. If you still get no sign of life, try pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds. The Doorbell Pro should light up, and then you can press the setup button again to reconnect it to your wifi! If you do not see any lights still, please contact our support team over the phone here.

The Chime Pro will need to be plugged in and receiving power to enter into setup mode, so I recommend to replug in the Chime Pro into another outlet than the one it is in. From there, wait for the lights to come on. If the lights do not come on, you will see either a small button or small hole on the side of it. You will need to press down on this button for 30 seconds (if it’s the hole, push a pin in here for 30 seconds) while it is plugged in. This will reset the device, and the lights should come on and show it’s in setup mode, which you will set up through the app. If you do not see the lights come on, please give our support team a call here for further assistance.