cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Doorbell Pro Dying

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Video Doorbell Pro Dying

I purchased my unit from US and installed at my home in Istanbul, Turkey. It was all good for months but it is dead for the last two days.

They have agreed to send a replacement unit but I am worried I will have to pay the full price as I don’t think it will be able to make it here so I can send the faulty unit within 30 days.

Something is definitely wrong on their Ring’s part. This really can’t be a coincidence.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I agree... This is a little too coincidental for this many users to have their doorbells fail in exactly the same way on or about the exact same day...

Anyone from RING watching this thread???  Ball's in your court!!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My Ring Pro is dead too. Transformer fine and power at the ring so it’s not a wiring issue. It went dead this week.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I can add a "Me Too" to this thread.

This is the second Ring doorbell we've had that has died after about 2 years in service.
Update: Callled Ring Support and they're sending us a new one at no cost. Kudos as they're standing behind their product even though it's well beyond the warranty period.

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Add me to the crowd. Had mine since July 2017 and have had occasional power issues. Replaced the transformer with a 24V six months ago and was doing well until yesterday. Checked voltage at transformer, doorbell chime and at door (Ring connections) and all were reading 26V.  Connected doorbell, switched on the breaker, and saw the white ring go around twice, then nothing. Push button - nothing. Hard reset - nothing.

Looking at other manufacturers now. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same event for me as well same time frame. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Had my RIng Pro for two years. Has worked okay - always freezes when I try to talk to people but still functional. On 11/23/19, it simply died. How can so many doorbells die in a such a short time?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mine died today! 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mine died today was fine for almost a year. Tech on phone recommended replacement.  I have the same situation as all of you.  One thing different, mine was flashing blue right on the 9 to 10 o'clock position.  I powered it down, powered down WiFi, disconnected power, etc., reconnected power, hit reset and all I got was this blue pulse flash right on the area indicated.  

Has been installed for approximately 11 months.  Got it at Costco and will be returning it tomorrow.