Video Doorbell 3 not holding charge

My Video Doorbell 3 battery is not holding a charge even when hardwired. The trickle charge doesn’t ever seem to kick in. I replaced the battery 2 days ago, and it’s gone from 100%-9% in 48 hours. This cannot be right. Also not the first time a doorbell has done this. My VDB2 also did it but eventually fixed itself.

Hey @KahnArtist81. While the device is hardwired or just working off of the battery, 48 hours is not the ideal battery life for your device. Are you having a lot of events? If the Doorbell is constantly recording, it may be wearing down the battery, so you will need to adjust the motion settings. If you find you have 10-20 or less recordings, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know what they were able to do for you! :slight_smile: