Using a Ring Video Doorbell in a rental home

I am considering installing an original Ring Doorbell in a new rental home we just bought. I’m new to Ring Video doorbells, so I’m not really sure how this all works. If I install the Ring Video doorbell and the first tenant activates it with their own account, what happens when they eventually move out and a new tenant moves in? Are there any issues with the new tenant signing up for Ring service on the same doorbell ID that was previously used by another tenant? If the old tenant forgot to stop/disable their Ring service, can I somehow override it and re-take control of the Ring doorbell for the next tenant? Any other issues I haven’t thought of?

Thanks in advance for any tips or wisdom!

–Kris

1 Like

No replies to this one?

Hi neighbors. If a tenant leaves your property, it is recommended you have them remove the Ring device from their Ring account to release ownership of it, which would then let you or your next tenant setup the Doorbell. We also have this Help Center article that covers device ownership changes. I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.