Upsetting delay in sensor and alert

There is a disturbing amount of delay in regards to the sensors and alters from my doorbell, and I need to know how to fix it.
I have an approximately 25-30 foot walkway from the street and my front step. My doorbell often picks up on vehicles, but will not register a person approaching my house until they are already at my door. It doesn’t detect the mailman until he is at my door and closing my mailbox, and I don’t get the notification for it until he’s at the sidewalk again. (See screenshot)
This is distressing for me because if it were someone breaking in, they could have covered the camera or busted a window by the time the recording starts, and they’d be halfway through my house before the app alerts me.

I’ve been toying with the settings for months since I got the Ring doorbell, and even if I set it so it can see far enough to detect every single car on the road, it alerts my to those within seconds, but not a human actually approaching my house until it would theoretically be too late.
I want to know when people are approaching my house, not when they’ve already come and gone. I shouldn’t be hearing a knock or the mailbox shut before I get the alert. It makes the camera feel pointless.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hey @JackT. What is the RSSI for your device? The RSSI may be a good indicator of why you are getting a delay in the notification coming to your phone, as well as the Doorbell’s connection to your router to come on and start recording the video, while also making it accessible via Live for you to view if you need to. You can learn more about RSSI and how to address it here. In addition, I recommend giving our support team a call to see if they can help clear this up and adjust your settings with you further! For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.