Unable to view events starting today

Hi all,

I have a Doorbell 2 and it has been working fine until today. I have events that are showing in the history but I can only view the ones that are yesterday and older. Any events from today (had an event just after midnight) cannot be viewed.

Any ideas why this would be happening all of a sudden?

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Bill

1 Like

Hey @Tekrat2001. Do you have an active Ring Protect Plan? What happens when you try to view an event from today? A screenshot or screen recording showing what is happening would be most helpful! :slight_smile:

Hello,

I came looking for support as I’m having a similar issue. The last recording was on 06/24. I cannot view the camera live nor any events. However, I am getting the doorbell motion alerts on my alexa and my phone. This is battery powered and the battery is back at 100% but still not working. It does, however, record the “captures” every 14 minutes.

*Also, my spotlight cam is working fine. I just installed a chime pro this morning and it’s still not working. I tried holding the reset button for 20 seconds and re set it up. but no change

Similar issue. I have a lot of my events showing up as a black screen video. MAJOR safety issue. I’ve gone through a ton of other community posts that mention the same thing and have done all the same troubleshooting others have done and nothing has worked. Ring needs to fix this issue ASAP or I’m trading for a simplisafe or arlo doorbell.

Hey neighbors! If you’re unable to access your recordings with a valid Ring Protect plan, you may want to contact support directly. If you’re receiving any black video errors, you can try the steps listed in this Help Center Article here. These are some more advanced steps regarding the settings on your router, so you may need to reach out to your internet service provider.

Should the concern persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your devices and determine what’s causing this concern. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what support recommends as it may help others! :slight_smile: