cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to join Ring wifi for setup

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Unable to join Ring wifi for setup

Using the Ring app on my phone I've been able to get the doorbell to start charging but when the "Join Ring" wifi dialog box comes up I get an "Unable to join" message after pressing the join button.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Unable to join Ring wifi for setup

did you push the orange button on the back of the unit and then go to the wifi list in your phone and click on ring?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am also having the same problem!  I have followed the detailed set-up and manual set-up, always end up pressing the orange button.  In all cases, I get the "Unable to join Ring wifi for set-up" message.  Also, there are no "Ring" networks available on my iPhone 10r set-up page.

Tom Gough 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I also have the same issue.  I can connect to the doorbell but the apps keep crashing everytime I try to get the doorbell to connect to our wifi.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I was able to resolve the issue by fully charging the doorbell overnight.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The solution for me was fully charging the doorbell before trying to connect.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I solved it by first fully charging the doorbell.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Unfortunately, my doorbell is a direct connect to the old doorbell wires.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

so is mine

Highlighted
Community Moderator

Hey neighbors! When the Ring setup AP is not allowing a connection, this can be indicative of mobile device connection or power concerns. If you are trying to setup a Doorbell Pro, please ensure your transformer is rated for 16 - 24 VAC and the wiring is not too thin or corroded. 

I recommend also disabling any bluetooth, hotspot, or VPN connections on your mobile device, as well as closing apps in the background. If this concern persists, reach out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in-depth troubleshooting. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.