Unable to configure Ring alexa chime on Amazon echo dot

Hi,

I am in Netherlands and recently purchased Ring doorbell 3 and Amazon echo dot 4. I can see in different forums that it is possible to ring all the echo dots when someone rings my Ring front doorbell. But it does not work for me. Somehow in my alexa app it is discovered as a camera in stead of a door bell. Is it the main problem? In that case how to fix that?

Regards,

Shamik

Hey @Shamik! This may be a restriction with the Amazon Alexa app in the Netherlands, but the Echo Dot should be able to give you Ring notifications. Please note that the issues within the app and the website could have been affecting this feature, but as of Nov 27, 11:44 UTC, a fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results. If you are still experiencing any further issues with your Ring device not showing up as it should in the Amazon Alexa app, I recommend reaching out to Amazon Alexa for further assistance to check on that the app and how it should report properly. For Amazon Alexa support, you can look for further assistance and help on the Amazon side here.

Hi,
Thanks for pointing to the right direction. Alexa support suggested to a reset of the doorbell. But I do not see any reset instructions for video doorbell 3. Is it the same process as video doorbell 1?
Thanks and regards,
Shamik

@Chelsea_Ring, can you please help me how can I reset my video door bell 3?

Hi @Shamik, happy to chime in here. To reset your Doorbell, you would need to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After resetting it, you will want to take it through a new setup in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. Resetting the Ring is not a solution. I think Alexa does not support notifications in The Netherlands. See the last line on this (dutch) page: Doorbell Chime-meldingen via Amazon Alexa – Ring Help