Two doorbells and a chime all sorts of problems

Just recently I’ve noticed issues with doorbells and chime. One, when i press the doorbell button the chime doesn’t ring. Chime shows its online and both devices are linked to the chime. Two, and most importantly I cannot view live on both doorbells. I get the spinning circle with activating device. Then the reconnect option. I do have Xfinity and recently upgraded to their XB-7 modem/router. The self organizing network is off as i have both the 2.4 and 5 G networks broadcasting. The modem/routers internal advanced security system is also set to disable. I have reset the router, rebooted the router as well as resetting both doorbells. When I try to change the chime tone I get an error that something went wrong. I have also reset the chime numerous times. I spent a few hours dealing with first and second line support and this is unable to be corrected. I have also attempted to set one of the doorbells in the DMZ in addition to creating a static ip assignment within the router. Being that this was a relatively easy set up when i first installed the devices over a year ago there has to be some type of settting or firmware issue that is now causing this situation. I also have other internet of things devices such as WiFi thermostats and outlets that have been unaffected since I replaced the modem/router. Is this worth the aggravation or would some one like to purchase two doorbells and a chime at a discounted price?

Hi @Mugzze. Thank you for listing all of the troubleshooting steps that you’ve taken. A quick way to test to see if your wifi network is the issue would be to temporarily connect your Ring Video Doorbell to a wifi hotspot. Follow the steps in this Help Center article to help you change your network. Once you are connected to your wifi hotspot, test your Live View to see if there is any improvement. If there is, you may need to change wifi ports or another setting on your router.

If this doesn’t yield any results, you may need to contact our support team to help you get your devices working like they should, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

The doorbell will not connect to the hotspot even though the unit is literally next to my phone. Problem still persists

Any suggestions? I can view history I get alerts thru my app, but still unable to play live view. Also spoke with someone on the phone second level support two days ago who said they were investigating further and would get back to me. Haven’t heard anything yet

Hi @Mugzze. We have a great Community write up with some common issues that cause interruptions in Live View. It is possible that they are still investigating your particular issue, or that the support agent investigating your issue had the day off. We were experiencing issues with our Processing Infrastructure which resulted in delays in our Ring devices. This has since been resolved and everything should be back to normal.

I was on the community write up regarding this problem before i posted. Nothing has changed. Still cant get live view. Stuck on activating device… I originally spoke to someone on Monday and haven’t heard from anyone outside of you responding online.

1 Like

I believe this is a volunteer support site and I appreciate the outlet, but is there a resolution to my continuing issue? Still haven’t heard back from the second tier support and I’m not about to call in and start from ground zero. Every other device in house works perfectly fine… Its not a router/WiFi problem.